• Delph
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Lichaj (for Agbonlahor 54)
    • Bent (for Benteke 69)
    • Weimann (for Holman 76)

Bent didn't get a touch because we were down to ten men and were getting absolutely pummeled by Norwich because of the man advantage they had. Absolutely ridiculous that people are using that situation as a stick to beat him with.

Vlaar 8 - :crylaugh:

Come on guys - 6 max. Made a few decent challenges when we were under the cosh but put us under pressure so often when clearing the ball like a 3 year old kid. Lucky not to give away a penalty.

Harsh Tom, I thought Ron was good today and handled Holt well apart from the two 1 on 1's he allowed him

norwich played well,norwich battered us,kept the ball better..take a step back & look at the big picture for a second.. PL made this norwich side..pl is looking at every player & he knows this pool of players are not good enough,he will back them on tv etc but he knows.. i expect pl to get the players in to improve the side which wont be too difficult.

Bent didn't get a touch because we were down to ten men and were getting absolutely pummeled by Norwich because of the man advantage they had. Absolutely ridiculous that people are using that situation as a stick to beat him with.

Didnt stop Benteke getting a touch.

Not just Bent that didnt get a kick when he came on - the whole team didnt.

Harsh Tom, I thought Ron was good today and handled Holt well apart from the two 1 on 1's he allowed him

The two 1 on 1s - thats ok then - only let him in twice then :)

That aside, if you get chance - watch the match back. Take note of how many times he goes to clear the ball and kicks it straight to a norwich player. The shove in the first half was a stonewall penalty. Not our worst player by any stretch of course and like I said, made some good challenges. However, hes hardly deserving of this nonsence legendary cult status hes starting to get imo

Didnt stop Benteke getting a touch.

Not just Bent that didnt get a kick when he came on - the whole team didnt.

That's because Benteke is a giant so we could hoof it up to him whereas that doesn't work with Bent.

Very true, and just goes to show that the problem was with the team as a whole, not Bent.

That's because Benteke is a giant so we could hoof it up to him whereas that doesn't work with Bent.

Very true, and just goes to show that the problem was with the team as a whole, not Bent.

Exactly - thats why I said it was a poor substitution from Lambert. Shocking in fact.

Not having a go at Darren - just reiterating why he is limited and why I clearly understand why Lambert may not see him as a way forward (baring in mind we clearly dont have the players to compliment his game).

Guzan MOTM. Got us the point!

Joe Bennett 1/10.

Maybe it's time for Lerner to build a sewage plant at Villa Park to handle all the shit. This shit has been out of control for far too long now.. ;)

Well, if you dont laugh, you'd cry!

Lucky to be 1-0 up

just gone down to 10 men

fully expecting to be placed under a lot of pressure from them hoofing it up to their 2 big men

need an outlet where the ball can be hit towards the corners for someone to chase and take the pressure of a bit

best opportunities would probably come from a pacey counter attack

What do we do - take Gabby off!

IMO the substitutions let them back into the game today, they were all over the shop!

Lambert needs to swallow his pride and start playing Bent, he needs to drop KEA who is a liability and time to get Warnock back.

When is Dunne back. We need him back as Captain.

Didn't you accuse Warnock on numerous occasions last season of deliberately trying to score own goals?

I'm a big fan of Lambert but his substitutions were mystifying today. I appreciate that once we went down to ten men it limited his options but Gabby should have stayed on the pitch because his pace would have at least stretched their defence and offered us an out ball.

How Albrighton stayed on for as long as he did I'll never know and for all his industry Holman isn't premier league standard. It's difficult to slate Bent on his brief appearance as we couldn't get out of our half but he didn't look like he was busting a gut when he was on.

Onward and upward.....

However you cut it we failed to beat Norwich at home and in the end we were hanging on for a point. That is how far this club has fallen.

Ignoring, as ever, the hysterical over reactions from the usual suspects on VT we were outplayed. We do not have enough quality in the starting 11, we have too many players lacking PL experience and unhelpfully we have players woefully out of form.

Added to that personally I am starting to seriously worry about some of the judgement calls that Lambert is making. Its all very well to come to a side like Norwich and build them up over a number of seasons into the PL when you can afford to make a few mistakes, expectations are pretty low, sign young players and experiment. Its a whole different ball game to try to do that at a side already in the PL. For me at least he seems to be persisting with players who are not delivering and formations that simply don't work.

Just take Albrighton for example. A player who burst onto the scene full of promise which for me has remained just that, promise or more specifically lack of it. His defending is woeful, he leaves his full back dreadfully exposed and he gives so little going forward. Failure to beat the man, poor passing, poor crossing, needless fouls, the list goes on and on. I would love him to deliver but all the evidence suggest otherwise. So why play him? Our 'golden generation' of academy players is just not up to the mark despite the claims of the CEO. For me we have 2-3 proven players from that group.

I still think Lambert is the right man for the job but he needs time which he simply does not have. I see us as very clear candidates for relegation and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. Where do you think we will be come the end of November? Bottom three and we do not have the character or the players to get out of that mess.

The truth is we are seen as a soft touch and easy points by most clubs these days. Very very worrying times at Aston Villa.

Didn't you accuse Warnock on numerous occasions last season of deliberately trying to score own goals?

I'm a big fan of Lambert but his substitutions were mystifying today. I appreciate that once we went down to ten men it limited his options but Gabby should have stayed on the pitch because his pace would have at least stretched their defence and offered us an out ball.

How Albrighton stayed on for as long as he did I'll never know and for all his industry Holman isn't premier league standard. It's difficult to slate Bent on his brief appearance as we couldn't get out of our half but he didn't look like he was busting a gut when he was on.

Onward and upward.....

I remember that.

I thought we would lose today as nervous players and nervous fans would create a tense atmosphere and so it proved to be, well the atmosphere bit anyway.

Thought Guzman, Vlaar, herd and especially lowton had really good games.

Thought Benteke had a good game too, in fact for me taking him off cost us three points. The ball was sticking to him and it didn't at all to bent who has to leave the club for our benefit.

Special mention to the ref who gave us nothing today shite performance from him yet again

All in all a decent point a least

Guzan - 10

Bennett - 3

Vlaar - 6

Herd - 7

Lowton - 6

Albrighton - 3

Delph - 3

KEA - 3

Holman - 4

Agbonlahor - 3

Benteke - 7

Terrible performance from a terrible team.

We desperately need to buy a whole new midfield in January otherwise we are in serious trouble this year. Delph and Albrighton are Championship players at best.

Oh and I hate Phil Dowd as much as the next person but he wasn't the reason we were shit today. Norwich could arguably have had two penalties and Chris Herd was lucky to be on the pitch at the end.

UTV

Yep, Dowd actually was quite fair to us, Herd was a stone wall red and he let it go.

We were just shite but our defence was heroic throwing bodies on the line - Vlaar Herd and Lowton.

Growing increasingly disillusioned with EVERYTHING at Villa. I think we are already in a relegation scrap. I can see us being in bottom three by Christmas - even bottom - and the team on the bottom at Christmas has only ever survived once (Baggies) . Cup run - yes but we may be in danger of doing what happened with Blooz? It's alright people saying we are better than last season, playing better etc but we are getting no wins. Thoroughly fed up. Three seasons running now. I used to love away days too but we did used to have half a chance of winning sometimes at least then. Oh well, Swindon on Tues - not even sure we will win that! What really annoys too is that it looks, sadly, like all the media (who are loving us being so crap) are going to be proven correct. C'mon, let's get it together and ram their words right down their stupid throats. Finally, what on earth was that run out tune yesterday? I thought we had settled on Paranoid now? :(:blush::o

Â