England V San Marino & Poland World Cup Qualifiers

andykeenan

bang average would be being kind IMO

poor line up and tactics but then the players have been poor too, carrick has been woeful, this campaign will be hard, other than wilshere i cant see who is coming in to improve this team, so many overrated players with even more waiting in the wings

England have a very poor pool of talent and the talent that is available aren't technically good enough to succeed at an international level. Nothing to do with tactics/selection/manager (and it hasn't been for some time now).

The poor pitch showed this up. The Polish players were able to trap and pass the ball. The England players couldn't.

What do people expect? Honestly?

We are a very average international team with some very ordinary players. In a group we are very likely to qualify from, going to Poland and getting a point in difficult circumstances is decent IMO.

We aren't Brazil, Germany or Spain, we are England and we are average. Why do people act surprised when players like Carrick, Cleverly etc. play poorly? These players wouldn't even make the Spain reserve team's bench.

Its time for people to wake up and get real in England. We have no divine right to go to Poland and outplay them with the team we have. It's a good point tonight and it puts us in a good position for the remaining games in the group.

What do people expect? Honestly?

We are a very average international team with some very ordinary players. In a group we are very likely to qualify from, going to Poland and getting a point in difficult circumstances is decent IMO.

We aren't Brazil, Germany or Spain, we are England and we are average. Why do people act surprised when players like Carrick, Cleverly etc. play poorly? These players wouldn't even make the Spain reserve team's bench.

Its time for people to wake up and get real in England. We have no divine right to go to Poland and outplay them with the team we have. It's a good point tonight and it puts us in a good position for the remaining games in the group.

It was like watching villa, last season.

I don't think we're "average" as some people put it. But we're miles behind the elite of International football. getting about a 50:50 split between draws and wins against teams like this away from home is about our level, in my opinion, with mostly wins and the odd draw at home.

As Delphinho said, there's no reason to expect to go to Poland and win - especially with some of the poor players we have. A draw is what I would consider an acceptable result. A welcome result with that performance.

Â