England V San Marino & Poland World Cup Qualifiers

andykeenan

I'm genuinely not sure how Michael Carrick has an England career, let alone a Manchester United career. One follows the other obviously, so he must have pictures of Fergie with Jimmy Savile or something.

I'm genuinely not sure how Michael Carrick has an England career, let alone a Manchester United career. One follows the other obviously, so he must have pictures of Fergie with Jimmy Savile or something.

I feel exactly the same. United fans always tell me he's one of the best English players, but I don't buy it for a second. He can play a decent pass, but he's none-existant off the ball and half the time he has the ball he slows the play down too much. He's just a shit Gareth Barry to me.

I can remember the hysteria from some United fans I know saying Carrick should be on the plane, etc. Thus far, his passing is probably the worst on the pitch. Yes, the conditions aren't easy, but Poland by in large are passing very well. Did we really miss Carrick? On this evidence he shouldn't be playing the next game.

England are getting cut open far too easy on the counter attack, Poland are finding plenty of room down the left since Cleverly isn't tracking back. Even Rooney's tracking back to cover him. What does Hodgson see in him as a winger? It's reminicist of the times previous managers have tried playing Gerrard out wide. If you insist on playing that formation, at least play geniune wingers. Oxlade-Chamberlain should have started.

Poland are showing an incisive pace on the counter. It's something England sorely lack. Pedestrian passing, I don't recall Poland's goalkeeper making a save in open play.

I know we're not really much cop these days, haven't been for a while, but this is tragic. It's such a lacklustre performance, side even. there are so may players in it where you just have to ask 'What does he really bring to the table?'.

The Poles'll be rightly gutted if they don't score here.

England are getting cut open far too easy on the counter attack, Poland are finding plenty of room down the left since Cleverly isn't tracking back. Even Rooney's tracking back to cover him. What does Hodgson see in him as a winger? It's reminicist of the times previous managers have tried playing Gerrard out wide. If you insist on playing that formation, at least play geniune wingers. Oxlade-Chamberlain should have started.

Poland are showing an incisive pace on the counter. It's something England sorely lack. Pedestrian passing, I don't recall Poland's goalkeeper making a save in open play.

I don't understand this team selection at all. It's no surprise Poland's strength is their pace wide and that their fullbacks love getting forward - so we play a midfield 4 who're all basically centre midfielders with little pace, I don't get it.

Â