Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 minutes ago, Harkanon said:

Only thing these guys were consistent at were booing the kneelers, shipping 2 plus goals per game and lauding up the unjustified media worshipping.  Bielsa was alright, Bamford is a tit

As I said before, that stopped as soon as Bielsa left tbf.

• Like 1

Gerrard to Leeds wouldn't surprise me all that much was linked the last two times they were looking for a new manager and there's also the McAllister connection, looking on their forum the main names being talked about are Allardyce staying on, Vieira, Gerrard, Parker, and Corberán  Potter and Rodgers getting a few mentions as well.

Corberán would seem the obvious choice to me, they have a lot of players that Bielsa had playing way above their natural level, and Corberán was at the club as assistant when that was happening, so if anyone can get the likes of Cooper, Ayling, Foreshaw, Dallas, Bamford and so on over achieving again it's maybe him, he was also their U21 manager, a number of those players will probably be part of their first team next season, also he's proven that he can do well at Championship level.

They probably should have just gone for him whilst in Premier League, saw a lot of their fans look down on the idea, but it many ways seems an ideal fit.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Gerrard to Leeds wouldn't surprise me all that much was linked the last two times they were looking for a new manager and there's also the McAllister connection, looking on their forum the main names being talked about are Allardyce staying on, Vieira, Gerrard, Parker, and Corberán  Potter and Rodgers getting a few mentions as well.

Corberán would seem the obvious choice to me, they have a lot of players that Bielsa had playing way above their natural level, and Corberán was at the club as assistant when that was happening, so if anyone can get the likes of Cooper, Ayling, Foreshaw, Dallas, Bamford and so on over achieving again it's maybe him, he was also their U21 manager, a number of those players will probably be part of their first team next season, also he's proven that he can do well at Championship level.

They probably should have just gone for him whilst in Premier League, saw a lot of their fans look down on the idea, but it many ways seems an ideal fit.

Or we could just be like

spacer.png

21 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Guiseley. Used to regularly see an orange seat parked in the nearby retail park with AVFC plates and logos  all over it. Made leeds that little bit better.

Really? I live on that road, and I've used that retail park countless times, but I've never spotted that. 

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Really? I live on that road, and I've used that retail park countless times, but I've never spotted that. 

Yep, right outside carpet right/ argos. Early 2010's from memory.  Lovely little motor. I used to live at high royds and frequented that retail park regularly. 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2021 at 17:09, useless said:

The fact that they've done well this season with largely their championship team strengthens the argument that they could struggle next season if they don't improve their squad. It actually strengthens the comparisons to Sheffield United, because they too did very well last season with largely their championship team, and like Leeds and on paper a team that wasn't very good but was more about the system than individual players, the problem comes if other teams work out that system, and you haven't got the individual quality to combat that, which Sheffield United didn't, is why Leeds have to spend wisely in the summer.

A warning from history that foreshadowed the future, the difference as well as having Championship players that over performed but eventually faded as happened with Sheffield United, on top of that Leeds spend hundreds of millions of pounds but only a few of them stood out as good signings.

Even for a half season loan McKennie should've been in there, was abysmal every time I saw him for Leeds. Apparently their fanbase were chanting about his weight when he was subbed v Spurs so he'd have fitted into our 15/16 vintage very nicely. 😂

Two years back I wanted us to sign him. I was very wrong.

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Gerrards a brilliant manager. Go get him leeds. He definitely would be a superb appointment for you

And remember it isn’t Gerrard’s fault, it’s the players that don’t create enough magic moments.

20 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Bloody hell, whole thread makes interesting reading!

Sounds like they need the advice of Leeds fans here, they know what a good chairman is. Calling to Leeds fans, get in touch with Leeds fans, they will have the answers. 

Â