Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

On 31/08/2020 at 10:08, TrentVilla said:

They’ve spent more of their history outside the top flight than in it, the myth of Leeds is strong and not backed up at all by history. But yeah they’ve a decent fan base.

They are the Ronnie Pickering of English football, an inflated sense of self-worth in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/08/2020 at 16:59, BigRed said:

Why would they? Converted 2 loans from last season into permanents. Extended another loan for a year. Signed 3 young players that are unlikely to break in to the first team just yet. Signed a Koch to replace white & signed an additional striker in Rodrigo if we sign Di Paul he’s a 10 that we’ve never replaced since Saiz left. So that’s really only 3 players & 1 of the players in Koch was a necessity due to losing white. It’s not like we’ve ripped our team up like both you & Fulham did, that was the criticism that was levelled at Fulham, they just did away with the team that got them up. Leeds aren’t breaking the team up. Just adding here & there 

Ripped our team up? Are you being deliberately obtuse?

We had no choice as players who were old and out of contract were let go.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Leeds spending 18m on some player ive never heard of from zagreb. 

Are leeds doing a villa ? 😂

Leeds won't be finishing any lower than 15th IMO. They dominate games too much.

Unless Bielsa has a wobble and walks that is.

Watched some of that Gvardiol and he looks really good to me.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Leeds won't be finishing any lower than 15th IMO. They dominate games too much.

Unless Bielsa has a wobble and walks that is.

Watched some of that Gvardiol and he looks really good to me.

Thats the championship mate. The premier league is a complete different beast.

If covid didnt hapoen they probably would have bottled it again

• Like 1

**** Leeds. 

Pick one or more (hopefully all) of the below:

Philips to get tapped up on England duty before making his inevitable transfer to West Ham at the end of the season of a disappointing season where he fades into obscurity, Bielsa to have his standard mid-season meltdown and abandon ship, take only a point or 2 from the opening 5 or so games and all confidence drains once the fans realise there is actually a step up in quality in the leagues and they aren't going to dominate everyone below 10th like they seem to expect.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

**** Leeds. 

Pick one or more (hopefully all) of the below:

Philips to get tapped up on England duty before making his inevitable transfer to West Ham at the end of the season of a disappointing season where he fades into obscurity, Bielsa to have his standard mid-season meltdown and abandon ship, take only a point or 2 from the opening 5 or so games and all confidence drains once the fans realise there is actually a step up in quality in the leagues and they aren't going to dominate everyone below 10th like they seem to expect.

This is so accurate, Phillips is no better than the Bridcutt guy that was so super overhyped a few years back. One of the worst premier league players ever

What team did they put out at Stoke today considering Phillips was away and I assume it's too early for new signings.

Probably what it would show is they don't have much depth in their squad at all so similar to us last season and playing likes of Lansbury and Jota early on in the season.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What team did they put out at Stoke today considering Phillips was away and I assume it's too early for new signings.

Probably what it would show is they don't have much depth in their squad at all so similar to us last season and playing likes of Lansbury and Jota early on in the season.

From the photos I saw Ayling and football tough guy Bamford was playing 

• Haha 1

Just had a a look and  Oliver Casey, Pascal Struijk, Leif Davis and Jamie Shackleton all started today. No, me neither.

Named just 4 subs aswell. They also desperately need a better keeper than Kiko Casilla aswell, I thought they signed the young French keeper who played end of last season but guess he might be involved with the French youth teams.

Bielsa is like Nuno in that he prefers working with a smaller squad but that's a huge risk with this sort of season coming up. A few injuries and suspensions and they'll be playing some of those names listed above.

Â