Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

£30m + add ons for a 29 year old from a team having a fire sale

Not seen enough of him to judge him as a player (I know he's better than he was) but on paper that's awful value 

Desperation. Look at the whole Augustin situation. 

Interesting one.

I think everybodys right to say that price for a 29 year old is bad value but 9 goals and 11 assists for a second striker in a 4 4 2 isn't bad numbers. Either he takes Hernandez role and plays a bit more in midfield or he replaces Bamford. I sort of hope its the latter I'm absolutely not convinced Bamford can cut it in the prem, his finishing isn't even good enough for the Championship

Regardless of what I think, Bielsa knows a lot more about football than me so I'll trust whatever the club does until proven wrong.

5 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Interesting one.

I think everybodys right to say that price for a 29 year old is bad value but 9 goals and 11 assists for a second striker in a 4 4 2 isn't bad numbers. Either he takes Hernandez role and plays a bit more in midfield or he replaces Bamford. I sort of hope its the latter I'm absolutely not convinced Bamford can cut it in the prem, his finishing isn't even good enough for the Championship

Regardless of what I think, Bielsa knows a lot more about football than me so I'll trust whatever the club does until proven wrong.

He got 4 goals in La Liga. 

Thats a massive price for that with no potential to really improve.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He got 4 goals in La Liga. 

Thats a massive price for that with no potential to really improve.

A lot more to his game than that. Hes very highly rated in Spain and both Barca and Madrid have wanted him in previous seasons for over double this. Atletico  wanted him in January for 50 but Valencia wouldn't budge. It looks like we've managed to get him by paying more than any other club is willing due to Valencias current issues and all this Covid nonsense.

Its easy to say that's not enough goals but maybe all these clubs know more

11 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

A lot more to his game than that. Hes very highly rated in Spain and both Barca and Madrid have wanted him in previous seasons for over double this

Soldado was the same though, went to spurs and could only score pens, unless it was against villa which I think he scored 3 against us in open play over a few games

9 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Soldado was the same though, went to spurs and could only score pens, unless it was against villa which I think he scored 3 against us in open play over a few games

True. I'm hoping since there is more to his game than that this won't happen. Its a risk but I think we might have seen it as too good a deal to pass up. There's no way he's worse than Bamford and if its the signing that keeps us in the prem its worth every penny.

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

True. I'm hoping since there is more to his game than that this won't happen. Its a risk but I think we might have seen it as too good a deal to pass up. There's no way he's worse than Bamford and if its the signing that keeps us in the prem its worth every penny.

Yep agree with the last part. 

I heard from a Leeds reporter/person on the Tifo podcast that Leeds will have around £70/75m to spend.

If they’re spending £30m on a striker, and were willing to spend £30m on Ben White then they’re seemingly putting a lot of faith into the majority of their Championship side.

I wonder if that’s wise. They must really be hoping that the Bielsa factor does the business for them. If not, they could easily do a Norwich/Fulham.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I heard from a Leeds reporter/person on the Tifo podcast that Leeds will have around £70/75m to spend.

If they’re spending £30m on a striker, and were willing to spend £30m on Ben White then they’re seemingly putting a lot of faith into the majority of their Championship side.

I wonder if that’s wise. They must really be hoping that the Bielsa factor does the business for them. If not, they could easily do a Norwich/Fulham.

Their fans seem convinced they only need a couple of signings and their Championship squad is plenty good enough with just a few additions. Lots of hyping up of how they were the best team in Championship history, it's nauseating. 

• Like 1

Goal scoring wise may not be to impressive  (although with minutes played taken into account his La Liga record as a striker is 1 in 3).

But MB demands far more from a striker than just goals. In that respect according to those who know more than i say Rodrigo has the things MB will want.

It seems a lot for a 29 year old but he is currently the Spanish national teams main striker at the end of the day.

His record last season isnt bad imo.

Directly involved in 17 goals in just under 28 games worth of minutes. Goal or an assist every 146 minutes,  2 goals and 2 assists  in the Champions League (Ajax, Chelsea and Lille) only played 529 minutes.

I'd rather this then spend £20mil on Ollie Watkins which is apparently something we may have done.

• Like 1

Â