Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He is their Mings, oh how they mocked us paying £20m last summer.... ironic really. I believe White only has 12 months on his contract at Brighton and has turned a new deal down so I’m guessing the move will happen at some stage but will be costly for Leeds.

Very true :D 

Transfermarkt have him down on contract over 2022 with an additional year option, but I have no idea if that is correct.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

White can go to a bigger club than leeds

Sure, but he might like it there and think that he'd get a bigger role there as opposed to a top 6 club where he'll play much less.

Or he'll want to stay at Brighton. But I doubt they will say no to the £40m figure that's been touted if one of the big boys are in for him. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Sure, but he might like it there and think that he'd get a bigger role there as opposed to a top 6 club where he'll play much less.

Or he'll want to stay at Brighton. But I doubt they will say no to the £40m figure that's been touted if one of the big boys are in for him. 

If arsenal came in for hkm or spurs lets say he isnt going to reject them for leeds.

Id argue he could get in one of those clubs first teams

Just now, Demitri_C said:

If arsenal came in for hkm or spurs lets say he isnt going to reject them for leeds.

Id argue he could get in one of those clubs first teams

Leeds won't be able to match the bids if one of the big clubs or even Arsenal or Spurs came in for him so it's kinda moot. 

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Very true :D 

Transfermarkt have him down on contract over 2022 with an additional year option, but I have no idea if that is correct.

Sky just reported the same (they probably get their info from Transfermarket!) so probably correct, Leeds have offered £25m and it is supposed to be their final offer.

I hope they get him for closer to £30m because that will be a drain on their budget.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't see those clubs coming in for him.

Nah, me neither. Think I've seen Chelsea, Manure and City mentioned but doubt they are after him either.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They are playing Liverpool in their first fixture.

They have Liverpool away, Fulham at home, Sheffield away, City away, Wolves at home and then play us. I'd be surprised if they had more 3 or 4 points by the time they play us and that could easily dent their confidence if they've been spanked a couple of times or had VAR issues go against them (as happened to us last year). 

4 hours ago, sne said:

They seem desperate to get Ben White back. Hopefully this is something that will drag on ending with him moving someplace else or staying at Brighton.

Added to the fact that they only have one fit senior center back. 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Make them pay £40m Brighton 

£40m for  a CB who can't get in Brighton's team. Madness! I was hoping Covid may have knocked some sense into teams. 

Not getting Ben White will really disrupt them, he will be so hard to replace in that defence. I’m not sure how much money they’ll decide to spend but if it’s not a lot then I can see them doing a Norwich, the Premier League won’t allow their style of play to steamroller teams like the Championship did.  

It’ll be very interesting to see how Bielsa adapts though. We all know he can explode if things don’t go his way, be a crying shame if he walks out on them in the bottom three after not getting the players he wants. 

Â