Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

I see the similar prediction to what people said about SU.

They will go down because of bad players etc

I think some people are massively overrating the Premier League. Newcastle finished mid table ffs under Bruce.

I predict them to finish 10th

I just think Bielsa's high intensive, pressing style will catch a lot of teams off guard.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I think some people are massively overrating the Premier League. Newcastle finished mid table ffs under Bruce.

I just think Bielsa's high intensive, pressing style will catch a lot of teams off guard.

Thought the same myself, Sheffield United have got to have one of the worst squads in the league on paper.

Shows how important a settled squad, system and good manager is. Would love Bielsa to have his mid-season melt down though and for them to go straight back down.

56 minutes ago, penguin said:

Thought the same myself, Sheffield United have got to have one of the worst squads in the league on paper.

Shows how important a settled squad, system and good manager is. Would love Bielsa to have his mid-season melt down though and for them to go straight back down.

That's the worry for them.

But if they perform well the first part of the season they may already be on 27-33 points already which means they would only need to get 2 wins in half a season...

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Sheffield United were pretty solid defensively in the championship iirc which had them in good stead for the PL. Leeds on the other hand, will not have the same settled back line that they had in the championship. From what I read, most of them thought that Ben White was the most important part of the defense and he's back at Brighton.  Liam Cooper is their only fit senior center back, and there will surely be questions of whether he can adapt to the PL (their other CB Berardi tore his ACL in the penultimate game of their season). 

Can't really compare them to Newcastle, as they have a team of premier league players already.

I don't think they will be in trouble — provided they sign decent center backs and a striker who can actually score goals.  

Edited by Villaphan04

At the moment they've only got one central defender, Cooper, and one centre-forward Bamford, they trying to sign Ben White but have had two bids of £18.5m and £22m turned down, even if they sign him they're still going to be short in defence, they could get away with playing players out of position in the championship but won't work in the premier league.

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Talk of Buendia.

Think that would be a very smart signing for them. He starts in the number 10 role and then they give Pablo Hernandez 15 minutes at the end of games when there's more space.

if they sign Buendia and we dont, i will scream.

(unless we sign someone even better)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Do Dirty Leeds have sufficient funds to spend on all these players?

generally speaking, if they want to go balls deep like we tried to, they could spend the entire 120-140m ish TV money in this window i suppose?

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

generally speaking, if they want to go balls deep like we tried to, they could spend the entire 120-140m ish TV money in this window i suppose?

Would be so Leeds to spend money they dont have 

• Like 1

I think a lot of Leeds fans are in for a shock this season. It’s going to be a tough season for them. 

Surprised they’ve not yet signed anyone. I can’t see Brighton letting Ben White leave, even tho Leeds seem hell bent on bringing him in. 

Their record with transfers hasn’t been great looking at the big money for Augustin and Costa who’ve not contributed for them. Hopefully they piss more money up the wall this summer. 

They are in for a real rude awakening. 

Just seen one of them on their forum say "I think the team we currently have would bulldoze Brighton as it stands."

Their best players are a 35 year old Hernandez, Philips and a CB they loaned from Brighton. I don't think there is an area of the pitch they are stronger.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, penguin said:

They are in for a real rude awakening. 

Just seen one of them on their forum say "I think the team we currently have would bulldoze Brighton as it stands."

Their best players are a 35 year old Hernandez, Philips and a CB they loaned from Brighton. I don't think there is an area of the pitch they are stronger.

I actually think fulham have a better chance of staying up than leeds

• Like 1

Norwich got a higher points total when they won the championship and looked what happened to them.

I think Leeds will pick up a few points early but they'll be in the mix for relegation. They won't be doing a sheff United. 

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Norwich got a higher points total when they won the championship and looked what happened to them.

I think Leeds will pick up a few points early but they'll be in the mix for relegation. They won't be doing a sheff United. 

Leeds weren't as leaky at the back. They are more similar to SU

Depends on their start I think. Their confidence will dwindle if they win one of their first six.

To be honest I can't see them much lower than 13th.

If Bielsa goes they'll collapse.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Another thing. Their White chase is identical to our Mings one last summer. Not sure they'll get their man though, which is good.

I think the issue is that Mings was clearly not wanted by Bournemouth, Brighton have high hopes for White not to mention some bigger clubs are linked

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Depends on their start I think. Their confidence will dwindle if they win one of their first six.

To be honest I can't see them much lower than 13th.

If Bielsa goes they'll collapse.

Also add in them playing infront of empty stands at Elland Road. Bad for them if they have some winnable early home games. Newly promoted teams usually do o.k at home early on, think only one of opening 6 home games we lost last season was Bournemouth and that was due to the crazy opening 10 minutes and Norwich beat Newcastle and Man. City early last season. I doubt we'd have beaten Everton early on last season infront of an empty VP.

While I think BCD at Elland Road last season actually helped them in the run in I think it will have the opposite effect this time.

Edited by VillaChris

Â