Media and punditry

BOF

Stephen Warnock seems to be on every football show going atm, did the Quest highlights last night, did the Liverpool-PSG game on 5 live and was also on their preview show on Friday.

I always think being a pundit on those highlights show is one of the easiest tasks going, basically you just agree with Colin Murray as there's no way you can seriously watch all 30 games in the football league to get a good idea on the games.

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sherwood, Saunders, Sutton and Savage on BT Sport Score today.  More brains in a pork pie.

Sutton is the worst pundit around even when he has a point he sounds like a dickhead

On 29/09/2018 at 16:49, sharkyvilla said:

Sherwood, Saunders, Sutton and Savage on BT Sport Score today.  More brains in a pork pie.

That actually just makes me angry. There can't be even a scintilla of insight with a panel that dumb. The only possible reason for gathering people so rubbish at analysing the game is the hope that one of them will say something outrageous enough to start a social media storm.

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That actually just makes me angry. There can't be even a scintilla of insight with a panel that dumb. The only possible reason for gathering people so rubbish at analysing the game is the hope that one of them will say something outrageous enough to start a social media storm.

The best I saw from Sherwood was saying Maddison has great legs before someone starting talking over him as something exciting was happening in a different game.  He looked as relieved as I was that he didn't have to go into any detailed analysis.

‘Journalism in 2018’ headline of the day
‘Darren Gough believes Steve Bruce could succeed Jose Mourinho as Manchester United manager and Adrian Durham can’t believe it’ – talkSPORT.

Actually, why hasn’t Bruce been considered before? Are Manchester United not aware that “he knows the club”, “he’s a fan of the club” and “he can do his best until the end of the season”?

What more can you ask from a potential Manchester United manager?

https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-kanes-messi-regret-mourinhos-miracle

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What more can you ask from a potential Manchester United manager?

...Competence?

I suspect it's another example of a pundit saying ludicrous things to get people to phone in, because nobody can be that stupid. Sadly there's no integrity in sports radio.

On 30/09/2018 at 21:28, Dr_Pangloss said:

What the **** did I just watch, and then Keys and Gray trying to make out that Peter **** Reid was a better player? LOLLL two total buffoons of the highest order.

Tbf Peter Reid was one of the best players in the world in his day, but I take your point.  Keys is just a bellend. 

On 05/10/2018 at 12:45, Zatman said:

Who gives a **** about what Darren Gough has to say about football? (Or anything for that matter, but especially football)

I don't see Roy Keane being quoted about his opinion on who will win the next Ashes Series

Edit: that reads a bit like it was aimed at you, Zat. It wasn't, just general exasperation at punditry :D 

Edited by Stevo985

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no oil painting, but, **** me, Lee Hendrie looks like a crack addict who used the money he found in the bin to go to Mo's Barberz and get the beard thats all the rage with the Kidz. 

His punditry is also rubbish. 

(I do not have a vendetta against Lee Hendrie and as far as I'm aware he did not sleep with my daughter, girlfriend, mother, etc).

Â