Media and punditry

BOF

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

‘It’s a terrible rule…that if the ball touches a player’s hand and a goal incurs [sic] after it, it then becomes a handball, which is ridiculous if you think about it’. 

What tf is Jamie Redknapp talking about?

I don’t understand why so many pundits seem to be anti Villa, it’s like they’re all closet small queef fans.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I don’t understand why so many pundits seem to be anti Villa, it’s like they’re all closet small queef fans.

I seen the blue nose on sky just before kick off and a half time. You can hear it in her voice she was hoping for Arsenal to get something.

It appears we've got everyone 'Rattled'

• Like 1

I was flicking between sky and peacock.

Carragher on Sky and Dixon on Peacock

Dixon spent more time in the 2nd half moaning about the wind and describing the DE stand like being on a ship.

Another misrable bastard from the Danny Murphy fan club!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

I must have missed the Jesus foul, did they say anything at the time or something they dug deep in finding after the match?

It was checked by VAR, during which Carragher was certain it would be given because the exact same went against Liverpool earlier in the day. Of course not "this shouldn't be given and I don't think the one earlier should have been either, we shouldn't be given penalties for these things"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

Part of the BBC report...

"Villa defended with discipline and intensity, ultimately benefitting from a late VAR call to stay third, one point off Arsenal in second place..."

BS. It was rightly handball that the ref gave in real time. The only thing we 'ultimately benefitted' from was the ref making the correct decision.

They just can't help but choose phrasing that takes away from what we do each game.

Whoppers.

Aside from anything else we didn’t “benefit” from that call to “stay third”. If they’d given the goal the game would have likely ended in a draw in which case we’d still be third but with a 3 point rather than 5 point gap on city.

Youre right that it all feeds the narrative that we’re desperately hanging on by our fingertips to stay among these dizzy heights 

48 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I don't mind him at all as he does his homework. He prepares properly and knows when we won things. Was even talking about Dalian Atkinson being injured hurt us one years 

Brought it here so as to not sully Unai’s thread.

Looking at his video titles alone…

Three weeks ago - “Chelsea are back!!!!”

Also three weeks ago (after the above) - “Chelsea to be relegated!?”

Maybe he’s just being reactionary because it’s his team. Fair enough.

On Spurs 1 month ago it literally goes -

“I’m worried about Spurs”

“Can Tottenham win the league?”

“Chelsea will finish above Tottenham”

“Tottenham’s season is over”

Literally in the space of about a week.

I’m fine with people changing their mind over time when the situation changes, but come on, all of that is just rendered meaningless. Why should I listen to someone’s opinion when it’s going to completely change a week later? It’s worthless.

I can see why people find Jennings engaging, so if you do fair enough. But I’m of the opinion he’s typical of the reactionary, what will get me views, Chelsea finishing 10th is dull so I need to make it sound like relegation is a legitimate threat…

In fairness he’s not the only one, he’s more successful than most, so fair enough.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

Â