Media and punditry

BOF

31 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Is anyone else just bored of this Jude Bellingham saga? Why are the media so desperate for him to sign for Liverpool? It feels like Jack Grealish all over again, do they realize there are more clubs than Liverpool where he could play? 🤣

They need to make Liverpool/United feel like elite clubs when they really arent the top dogs anymore. Probably not even top 5 in current markets

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They need to make Liverpool/United feel like elite clubs when they really arent the top dogs anymore. Probably not even top 5 in current markets

There can be no other footballing powerhouses despite the table showing just how far the likes of Liverpool have fallen. Media just blows smoke up their arses. 

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There can be no other footballing powerhouses despite the table showing just how far the likes of Liverpool have fallen. Media just blows smoke up their arses. 

It helps when the majority of pundits are ex-Liverpool or United players.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

At least we have Lee Hendrie and Gabby flying the flag for us 🤣

Gabby also called Leandro Bacuna, Leonardo. Jesus wept, he’s incredibly dumb. 

Edited by The_Steve

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

It helps when the majority of pundits are ex-Liverpool or United players.

England fans literally got to watch Steven Gerrard giving Bellingham the Liverpool soft sell as part of the punditry package. 

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-ollie-watkins-villa-resist-big-six-transfer-ceiling-unai-emery-not-yet-view

Both Chelsea and Manchester United are desperate for a goalscoring No.9 to lead the line as well as Watkins does, and they’re few and far between. Chelsea will likely go for someone shinier, and in all likelihood less effective, and Manchester United are linked with options of a similar level, deemed – rightly or wrongly – to be above Watkins.

Villa may well be relying on famously tough negotiator Daniel Levy to retain their prized asset. Because if Harry Kane goes to Manchester United, Watkins to Tottenham makes a lot of sense

They have absolutely no idea what we are building do they?

They've finally noticed us and now they are touting our players to the scum 6.

They are in for a shock.

Edited by blandy
Extract added

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-ollie-watkins-villa-resist-big-six-transfer-ceiling-unai-emery-not-yet-view

They are in for a shock.

A slightly strange article in that I agree with most of it, but to write the line that Watkins going to Spurs 'makes a lot of sense' you would need to conclude a] that they would be prepared to spend nearly as much as they would receive from selling Kane to get him, and b] that he would want to go there, which seems unlikely given they're a bit of a mess and he's an Arsenal fan anyway (not that that's the be-all and end-all for professionals of course, but it certainly could be a factor). 

13 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

They are in for a shock.

There was a time those articles uses to piss me off. In fact, even two seasons ago it would have annoyed me.

Now, I just think about our owners and smile. They're not selling anyone they don't want to.

Anyone that leaves is going way above market value due to a clause, or not at all. And we've got a manager who'll replace whoever we sell with someone more effective. 

The media better get used to talking about us, they'll just have to change the rhetoric very soon. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A slightly strange article in that I agree with most of it, but to write the line that Watkins going to Spurs 'makes a lot of sense'

I bet he will jump at the chance to win the Aldi Cup next season 🤣 yes I said Aldi 🤣

Â