Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Hi guys,

A little help please. My FM13 won't load anymore from Steam. It doesnt launch even though it is running in processes in Task Manager. I have tried re-installing the game and Steam but no joy. I have verified the game. I have added it to exclusions on my antivirus. Nothing seems to work. For some reason every time I turn on my computer I get a pop up box saying Steam is updating. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Is Steam being updating or is it the game? Pretty sure it has to complete the update process before you can start the game. My guess is the issue is between your computer and steam. Did you put it in offline mode?

Tried that too. Could it be that I need to update the video drivers?

It wouldn't hurt, but if as you say it's stuck on updating then I don't think that's the problem.

Have a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc73cI1rIhk

If that doesn't help I suggest you make a thread on sigames forums.

Edited by tarjei

Hi guys,

A little help please. My FM13 won't load anymore from Steam. It doesnt launch even though it is running in processes in Task Manager. I have tried re-installing the game and Steam but no joy. I have verified the game. I have added it to exclusions on my antivirus. Nothing seems to work. For some reason every time I turn on my computer I get a pop up box saying Steam is updating. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Is Steam being updating or is it the game? Pretty sure it has to complete the update process before you can start the game. My guess is the issue is between your computer and steam. Did you put it in offline mode?

Tried that too. Could it be that I need to update the video drivers?

Yes. Either update the video driver or roll it back. Try updating first. I had the same problem. 

Well the training and youth facilites does downgrade over time, not so sure about network. It might be somewhat related to club status and rep. So 'well established' for a League two club will not be of equal quality as a Prem club with the same description. 

That's an interesting idea. We jumped from around 30th to 8th in the world with the conclusion of the previous season. Perhaps that jump shifts the standard of everything to a bracket with the teams of comparable rep.

Anybody else played the handheld version?

I've gone 2-0 up a number of times and for example, have 9 shots, 7 on target, all over the other team. Second half comes and even though I am 2-0 up, my team just does not touch the ball, I never get another shot (so end on the same I had at half time) and the other team ALWAYS comes out playing like Brazil.

Secondly, the amount of free kicks teams score from 30-40 yards!

Anybody else played the handheld version?

I've gone 2-0 up a number of times and for example, have 9 shots, 7 on target, all over the other team. Second half comes and even though I am 2-0 up, my team just does not touch the ball, I never get another shot (so end on the same I had at half time) and the other team ALWAYS comes out playing like Brazil.

Secondly, the amount of free kicks teams score from 30-40 yards!

That sounds like normal FM behavior to me.

So guys

I now realise waht a tough job Lambert had last season after starting a game as Aston Villa on football manager

Jesus Christ

No transfer budget and 100k below the wage budget before the game even starts

Rubbish players on high wages that nobody wants to buy i couldn't get anyone in even on loan so im stuck with what i have

I have played 4 and lost 4 at the minute but in those 4 games i played Man U Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal

All my players morale is rock bottom

I'm playing a 4-3-3 system Rigid and Counter

Baker Clark Vlaar Lowton as the back four with a deep defensive line both fullbacks set to defend

From left to right a 3 in midfield Delph as Box to Box alongside Westwood in the centre as aDeep lying playmaker and Sylla Ballwinning midfielder on the MCR

From left to right a Front 3 of Nzog Inside Forward benteke Target man and Weimann Inside forward

Gabby is injured otherwise he would be in the side ahead of Nzogbia

Any advice?

Edited by AshVilla

So guys

I now realise waht a tough job Lambert had last season after starting a game as Aston Villa on football manager

Jesus Christ

No transfer budget and 100k below the wage budget before the game even starts

Rubbish players on high wages that nobody wants to buy i couldn't get anyone in even on loan so im stuck with what i have

I have played 4 and lost 4 at the minute but in those 4 games i played Man U Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal

All my players morale is rock bottom

I'm playing a 4-3-3 system Rigid and Counter

Baker Clark Vlaar Lowton as the back four with a deep defensive line both fullbacks set to defend

From left to right a 3 in midfield Delph as Box to Box alongside Westwood in the centre as aDeep lying playmaker and Sylla Ballwinning midfielder on the MCR

From left to right a Front 3 of Nzog Inside Forward benteke Target man and Weimann Inside forward

Gabby is injured otherwise he would be in the side ahead of Nzogbia

Any advice?

ectqP.gif

• Like 1

I think im going to switch to 4-2-1-2-1 Formation

Benteke/Bent

Nzogbia/Albrighton                         Agbonlahor/Weimann

Delph/Gardner

Westwood El Ahmadi

Bennett/Stephens   Clark    Vlaar        Lowton/Lichaj

Have westwood and Karim as Deep lying playmakers with Delph or Gardner as box to box 

Edited by AshVilla

Was amazed at what great players westwood and sylla turned out to be for me, usually villas youngsters arent looked upon too greatly in fm i recall apart from the fonz for a few years. Uninstalled fm though its the same thing every year obsessively play for a few weeks and then get bored of the same crap happening every year.

Currently settled on 4-5-1

Westwood/Sylla as the DM with Ireland as an AP and El Ahmadi as a DLP in front of them

Benteke the loan target man with Nzog/Agbon on the left and Weimann/Albrighton on the right

This did not work until i switched from counter to attacking football though

Could anyone recommend a replacement for Stephen Ireland. I decided to play him as nobody would buy him and he's turned out to be the best player in my side he now wants to join a bigger club which is fine provided i get alot of money for him.

I was looking at Belhanda but montpelier do not want to sell is there anyone cheaper that is just as good?

Edited by Fort Boyard

Guys how do you get rid of Shay Given and Richard Dunne?

No clubs want them because of their rediculous wages even on a free

I tried terminating the contract but id have to pay given 9.2 mill!

Edited by AshVilla

Guys how do you get rid of Shay Given and Richard Dunne?

No clubs want them because of their rediculous wages even on a free

I tried terminating the contract but id have to pay given 9.2 mill!

Tell them they'd make good coaches when they retire, see if they agree, then offer them coaching contracts. £3k/£4k p/w is better than £50k+ !

Currently settled on 4-5-1

Westwood/Sylla as the DM with Ireland as an AP and El Ahmadi as a DLP in front of them

Benteke the loan target man with Nzog/Agbon on the left and Weimann/Albrighton on the right

This did not work until i switched from counter to attacking football though

A top tip would be to tell your players to 'contain' if you score. I usually try to contain the ball for a good 10 minutes after scoring, before going back to my usual style of play. Also tell them to contain if you're winning the game and you go past 60 minutes.

Â