Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Just out of interest and following the comment above, what are you expecting in terms of CA, PA and attributes for Benteke?

Benteke should roughly have a CA of mid to high 140s and a PA of mid 160s IMO.

Would that figure right for you AC?

I would put the PA a touch higher, like 169-174, because of his "completeness" he needs to have meaningful allocations in a wider variety of stats than most strikers. The more important question is what his Controversy, Loyalty, et cetera should be!

This is my problem with FM

If you have his PA in the 160s,then that is the ceiling for what he can achieve in the game. In real life, he could be one of the best strikers in the world like Drogba was, or he could just end up a good premier league striker. They need to change how the game works IMO

This is my problem with FM

If you have his PA in the 160s,then that is the ceiling for what he can achieve in the game. In real life, he could be one of the best strikers in the world like Drogba was, or he could just end up a good premier league striker. They need to change how the game works IMO

Yeah there is a glass ceiling as to how much a player can achieve, whereas in real life a player with the right training over a period of time can become much better.

I'd love to have a youth guy come through with a CA of like 32 at 15 years of age and train him up to have a CA of 142 or something in 3 years.

Maybe something like in Madden where players have slow, normal, fast or superstar development. Obviously those of a higher calibre would get better quicker, but with the right training those with a slow development may turn out the better player.

If a player hits targets in games they get a small boost, e.g. scoring a goal would give like 100xp whereas a hat-trick 500xp. Likewise for defenders clean sheets give xp etc... So player performance, not just training, encourages or hinders development. Personality traits would come into play there too. Laziness, concentration, drive etc...

You misunderstand what PA is all about, it is the maximum a player can achieve assuming things go his way, that includes training. So if you thought Benteke could reach the level of Drogba at his peak, you'd set his PA to the 180 or so Drogba was at. So the glass ceiling you speak of doesn't exist, it is an absolute ceiling which applies in real life.

The other thing people forget is that if a player performs for you in game, does it matter what his CA is? I know it is nice to see a player with a huge potential but it doesn't necessarily mean he will perform better than a lower potential with key attributes. Where the whole thing falls down is when the newgens start appearing and bliw ghe real players out of the water.

Regarding Benteke specifically, he can improve in many areas on top of his already well rounded game and physical prowess. However, maybe he is not far off the top of his game now? We'd all like to think he is going to continue to improve but there is no guarantee. He certainly wouldn't be the first to have a wonderful first season at the top level which he can never quite replicate.

I assume this an AA type of thread.

Hi Im Nicho, a Football Manager addict and im here like the rest of you to get some help. I assume thats what this thread is for..........

Actually im here to get my fix until the new game comes out. I cant wait until it consumes my life again.

I tell you what, rather than me telling you in some kind of secretive way, how about you tell me where you think they should be and then judge how close you are from my response :P

Edited by AndyClarke

Ok, I would say all of those are on the high side of positive when you take into account where Villa finished and the performances over  the course of the season. All three lads did well, particularly at the back end of the season, but would you consider any of them stars in our team? Lowton scored a cracker against Stoke and delivered a wonderful performance at home to Sunderland but he also made mistakes all season. Westwood is good at what he is good at and that is holding station and moving the ball on, physically he is limited, so it hard to push his CA on too much. Weimann is a worker who can finish, he has his moments but his game is all about effort, workrate and being able to finish, he has a ticket in every raffle and doesn't give up, but a CA of 140 puts him right up there around some very good forwards.

Ok, I would say all of those are on the high side of positive when you take into account where Villa finished and the performances over  the course of the season. All three lads did well, particularly at the back end of the season, but would you consider any of them stars in our team? Lowton scored a cracker against Stoke and delivered a wonderful performance at home to Sunderland but he also made mistakes all season. Westwood is good at what he is good at and that is holding station and moving the ball on, physically he is limited, so it hard to push his CA on too much. Weimann is a worker who can finish, he has his moments but his game is all about effort, workrate and being able to finish, he has a ticket in every raffle and doesn't give up, but a CA of 140 puts him right up there around some very good forwards.

Sylla CA 134 PA 158

Matt CA 138 PA 153

Westy CA 135 PA 150

Andi CA 138 PA 155

I think Westwood was about right after the update, I'd probably give him a couple more on the CA and PA at most (I think this goes for Lowton too). Do think Weimann needs pushing on though, he never really did it for me. Unsure about Sylla, a few more on the CA at most, his PA was about right I think.

Â