Ashley Westwood

Nabby

We've played 25 games this season and amassed 35 points.

Westwood has started 17games, from which we've gained 15 points. 4 of those 15 points in the 6 games he started alongside Gardner. Compare that to the 20 points we've amassed from only 8 games when he didn't start.

It might be a little unfair to lay all the blame at his door, but the figures don't lie. And given his unfortunate association with our demise over the past 3 - 4 years, it's clearly time for Aston Villa and Ashley Westwood to seek different paths.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, commander said:

Rather than post an emoji - discuss any of the points?

it's all bollocks labelling of fans and accusing them of saying things they haven't.

the rest would be post on poster and i have to stop doing that as much as i'd like to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Gardner is the fresh dog poo that is impossible to clean and ruins your shoes if you step in it. It smears up the sides and gets deep into the tread.

Westwood is the same dog poo but it's been there for a day so it's a little bit drier and a little bit easier to clean off, but you're still in for an awful 20 minutes in the cold back yard with a twig and hose.

That's the mental image those two conjure up for me.

:D

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Momo said that Westwood wasn't the sole reason for our poor form? You basically posted saying that he was. 

Haha wow. 

What he said was "The team is not up for it even when he is not playing. "

Which based on our results when he starts and when he doesn't isn't true. Hence telling him to check those results. 

Hope that's clear enough for you.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Who's reaching hard? Some of us have held this opinion based on just watching him for years. Stats just support the opinion. None of this you don't get football nonsense, now that's a reach. 

I think Westwood presence in the team plays a part, clearly not the sole reason. But you and bobzy just haven't read the conversation as you're too eager to jump in with a dig now you can't defend his performance. 

Read what momo said, my response was to that. 

You've posted the stat on here before to make the same point (or perhaps it was somebody else, I could be mistaken). But if by your own admission he's not the only reason then the stat is useless is it not? 

Just now, Keyblade said:

You've posted the stat on here before to make the same point (or perhaps it was somebody else, I could be mistaken). But if by your own admission he's not the only reason then the stat is useless is it not? 

I'm not arguing that he's the sole reason we're bad. On it's own it's pretty useless, combined with other things it adds to the point that he shouldn't be anywhere near this team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Haha wow. 

What he said was "The team is not up for it even when he is not playing. "

Which based on our results when he starts and when he doesn't isn't true. Hence telling him to check those results. 

Hope that's clear enough for you.

So the team has been vastly improved when he hasn't played?

Momo is right. They're not up for it regardless of the personnel on the pitch. Nothing to do with Westwood (well, partially to do with him since he's playing :D), the same way that Grealish never having won a game that he started in was nothing to do with him. 

Just now, bobzy said:

So the team has been vastly improved when he hasn't played?

Momo is right. They're not up for it regardless of the personnel on the pitch. Nothing to do with Westwood (well, partially to do with him since he's playing :D), the same way that Grealish never having won a game that he started in was nothing to do with him. 

The results have been improved when he hasn't played. 

He's not right, the results don't back that up at all, we've got decent results when he hasn't played, proving that they're actually up for it. 

Wether that's solely down to Westwood is open to debate, I'd say he plays his part but it's not all down to him. The point stands though, to claim the team aren't up to it without him is not true.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The results have been improved when he hasn't played. 

He's not right, the results don't back that up at all, we've got decent results when he hasn't played, proving that they're actually up for it. 

Wether that's solely down to Westwood is open to debate, I'd say he plays his part but it's not all down to him. The point stands though, to claim the team aren't up to it without him is not true.

the last thing you want to bring to this thread is facts (or logic)... it doesn't go down well in here

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Eaglevillan82 said:

We've played 25 games this season and amassed 35 points.

Westwood has started 17games, from which we've gained 15 points. 4 of those 15 points in the 6 games he started alongside Gardner. Compare that to the 20 points we've amassed from only 8 games when he didn't start.

It might be a little unfair to lay all the blame at his door, but the figures don't lie. And given his unfortunate association with our demise over the past 3 - 4 years, it's clearly time for Aston Villa and Ashley Westwood to seek different paths.

eyes don't lie either.....unless I have wasted 50 odd years watching the team.;)

• Like 1

According to popular stats site WhoScored, Tshibola had 47 touches during the second-half while the two men who made way in the heart of the midfield, Westwood and Gardner, had a combined nine touches of the ball.

READ MORE

Westwood made two passes in the 45 minutes he was on the field, whereas Gardner only made four - completing three of them.

Villa have been consistently linked with Conor Hourihane, who would be available on the cheap with his Barnsley contract expiring at the end of the season.

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Gareth Bale once went 24 or so consecutive games for Spurs without being on the winning team. Must have been pretty shit.

maybe we should put him on the left wing and he will turn up at Real Madrid in 2 seasons?