Ashley Westwood

Nabby

7 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I just find it staggering how much time people have dedicated to talking about Ashley bloody Westwood

Perhaps its because he is a very significant topic.

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

thats not what im complaining about...and shows your missing the whole point...

but ok

im complaining about people using stats as in X vs y...y was lower than x therefore Y is bad...and its stupid to view football in that simplistic form...and thats what sportsjoe did...and many people who try to use "stats" (badly) here do

edit: there could be TONS of reasons why hes shit...but if you just want to highlight passing stats and touch stats why he is shit...and compare it other positions which other people dont play..i will laugh at you and think youre doing stats HORRIBLY wrong. almost some kind of analysis has to go with it 

not trying to brag or anything..but i make 10% of my income from the illogical POV that showing in these stats...people here making it far too simplistic and football stats 101 

Sorry,sorry misread the context:)

I agree, am very dubious of stats.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gharperr said:

Is touches just everytime a player touches the ball whilst on it? Because if jedinak didnt have a very high number compared to rest then i would be extremely worried. Given he plays in midfield position which would get pressed the least. And plays in a position where its one of the easiest for CB's to pass to if theyre facing any half-assed press / moving the ball around at the back +FB. Just how westwood as pointed out by keyblade used to have 50-60 passes in a game under lambert. (pretty sure he played the deepest midfielder a lot of the time)

And grealish play style literally defines he gets more touches....(as before you criticized ayew getting more touches than westwood)

I mean, isnt that EXACTLY what he did against blues? pick players and intentionally bypassed them (midfield) by hoofing it every oppertunity. It isnt stupid, its just a different style. It wasnt a tactic to bypass westwood.because its westwood. I 

it does still seem wishwashy stats are still being used to prove hes shit...whilst previously...semi stats proved why hes good...was horseshit by you guys in the past

aka all these stats youre trying to use to fit your POV...is awful for people who try to use stats in a meaningful way

I don't see many just relying on stats. Watch the game and use stats to support that view. It clearly paints the picture that he's absolutely garbage right now. 

Every player on both sides (who played 90 mins) had more touches. The Norwich left back attempted more passes. To argue that's down to tactics is laughable IMO, and seems the type of blind defence we used to see of Westwood in the past. 

• Like 1

I've generally been a fan but he was terrible the other night. I don't think he handles the pressure well and goes missing. That one shot he had would have been a great chance had he not rushed and rolled it to Grealish instead.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the players Xia was talking about after Norwich. 

2 players I was thinking of arent in starting XI of Westwood and Ayew.

Elphick is another but I dont think he is conning us but just not very good

On 16/12/2016 at 22:46, PatrickCousens said:

I just find it staggering how much time people have dedicated to talking about Ashley bloody Westwood

Thanks for taking the time out to post this. 

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Hopefully he won't be in the starting eleven today

He wasn't............ And we won.  Coincidence?  I struggle to decide who is worse out of Westwood and Gardner as they are both pretty damn awful but we probably do a little better as a team without Westwood as Gardner does at lease get stuck in more and at least attempts forward passing occasionally. For me Bruce got it right today but ideally it would be neither of course. 

when he first came on he chased after a QPR player and in trying to challenge him .....bounced off the back of him.

not sure i have ever seen that done before.....one for the coaching manuals,I guess

It was like a cannon in Billiards.:)

Edited by TRO