Ashley Westwood

Nabby

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Possibly the single worst performance I have ever seen him give. I'm surprised it hasn't been given more discussion. 

That's enough for me, I don't need to see anymore. He's not good enough even for this level. 

With Westwood its never talked about, hes never criticzized. He is one of my most disliked players in all the time Ive followed The Villa

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

In four years of rubbish he has been the only constant. I wished Burnley had taken him of our hands. I will admit for a long while I harboured hopes of him being a decent player but if anything he has regressed. Back up at best.

absolute shocking if club did reject that bid. killed any confidence in Di Matteo from the start

4 hours ago, astonaidan said:

With Westwood its never talked about, hes never criticzized. He is one of my most disliked players in all the time Ive followed The Villa

I'd suggest you go to any recent pages in this thread and you'll find that he is most definitely criticized 

9 hours ago, astonaidan said:

He's probably one of the most criticized players on this site :D

Model pro, respect him for that. Shite midfielder though. Just hasn't developed any part of his game since signing. The "potential" he once had is gone. This is it for Westwood. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Model pro, respect him for that. Shite midfielder though. Just hasn't developed any part of his game since signing. The "potential" he once had is gone. This is it for Westwood. 

A model pro who doesn't develop? Hmm

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, it's getting ridiculous that you can't even praise a player for being a good pro. 

my idea of a good pro is one who looks to develop and indeed does develop.

Westwood has shy'd away from any sort of responsibility and sat comfortably in his 'run of the mill' part of the team in which, somehow, he's got gradually worse by the year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

my idea of a good pro is one who looks to develop and indeed does develop.

Westwood has shy'd away from any sort of responsibility and sat comfortably in his 'run of the mill' part of the team in which, somehow, he's got gradually worse by the year.

But that's silly. People clearly have natural ceilings to their ability. Being a good professional means working as hard as possible to 'be the best that you can be'. If Westwood tries really, very, incredibly hard but just can't get any better then it doesn't make sense to complain about his professionalism. His skill, yes, but not his professionalism.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

But that's silly. People clearly have natural ceilings to their ability. Being a good professional means working as hard as possible to 'be the best that you can be'. If Westwood tries really, very, incredibly hard but just can't get any better then it doesn't make sense to complain about his professionalism. His skill, yes, but not his professionalism.

My point is that I don't believe he has even attempted to better himself. He's just kinda accepted that he can be an anonymous cog in a utterly woeful system.

Never once has he attempted to stand up and be counted in a game. Certainly not that I've seen anyway. There is more to being 'a professional' than trying your best.

• Like 2