Lambert PL Signings

mcben

Milner and Young were great signings and well worth the money.

at 25mill & 12 mill some folk might be expecting a bit more from them.

25 mill for Milner or Van Persie ( in terms of value) hhhhmmmm

I love these type of signings, that takes big balls, self belief & vision, who are big name players that PL might sign??

I bet lambert would have Milner back given the chance as he's not a big time Charlie.

The likes of Downing, his card is marked, he just used us as a stepping stone, therefore will never have the Hunger to play for Villa again.

I think I understand the cruch of lamberts philosophy, get players that are honored to pull on the shirt Versus getting paid to put on the shirt.

As much as I wanted the likes of Owen and Adam in the squad, neither would have the heart to come and prove them-self.

It's a nerve wracking time, PL being new, the style of play and the old fashioned manner of buying new talent, not big name rejects.

It will take time to gel, but once it does, I believe we will be a solid premiership second tier team again fighting for Europe. (limited but honest ambition)

selling our midfielders to Man City every summer...

After all that, I hope Barry comes back to Villa to finish his career.

Odds are one of the signings this window will be a stinker & one great.

Let's see what we get!

PL's signings seem to come across as quite intelligent characters. Bennett, Lowton, KEA, and Westwood have all spoken very eloquently about their respective moves (haven't heard the other guys speak). Not having a go at previous players but when you compare them to Ashley Young's first press conference, he was hard to listen to as he was so nervous and full of cliches. He still is to an extent.

I'm not sure how this might translate into performances on the pitch but it's certainly something that's noticeable. It may give the team the strong character it so badly needs.

this topic should have a poll. just for fun, for us all to nominate which signing we think will have impressed most at the end of the season. I'd put Homan in too, even though he was a McLeish signing

You know I had almost forgotten, but that is what it is all supposed to be about isn't it ? After last year everything about this Club, and therefore a huge part of my life, filled me with gloom.

And now...I love it again !! We can even have Polls about who we think our best signing will turn out to be !!

I think whatever happens this year we can at least enjoy it. (And as I actually have no trouble thinking PL - with what is a better squad - can get at least 6 more wins than the other guy I really don't get the pessimism anyway)

Despite having seen none of them play I feel Westwood will prove the long term gem, I have a feeling for some reason he'll do a Barry and be there for aaaages. But they'll all be good. i think Benteke will be here shortest, and we'll sell him in 3-4 years time, and Bennett may also have the longevity of Alan Wright. Vlaar every chance of developing the cult popularity of Mellberg and so on, provided he maintains a good beard. Al Ahamadi to enjoy a reverent level of respect as one of our most consistent performers, Lowton to be someone who gets courted by the very top sides ( if we aren't there ourselves ;) ) in 4 years time. Bowery to, do a useful job for a couple of years, but to ultimately never quite nail down a regular place and leave in 3-4 years time, still being able to be content about his efforts here.

But hey, let's not get ahead of ourselves :lol:

this topic should have a poll. just for fun, for us all to nominate which signing we think will have impressed most at the end of the season. I'd put Homan in too, even though he was a McLeish signing

Yeah, let's get a poll up.

I vote for Ron Vlaar myself!

I laughed at an article i read today in the bham mail

A so called chesterfield expert

Compared Bowery to Caleb Folan

If he turns out to be half the player Folan is he will be a world class player :D

He is a free agent now, maybe we could..... :P

• 2 weeks later...

These signings have refreshed the club. I read on here that under MON we were having to pay some players a little extra to make the move to B6 more palatable. **** that approach. Give me players from foreign leagues and the lower leagues that actually want to be here.

Â