Lambert PL Signings

mcben

Spoke with Sid after the game he was raving about Bennett in training and saying PL has a real eye for players . So far looks as if he has used the budget wisely but it's extremely early days . Still think if we finish mid table it's over achieving this season but next season if we stay up will be very different

Spoke with Sid after the game he was raving about Bennett in training and saying PL has a real eye for players . So far looks as if he has used the budget wisely but it's extremely early days . Still think if we finish mid table it's over achieving this season but next season if we stay up will be very different

How do you mean Mysteryman? Will he have similar funds to what he has had this summer?

And...

Whats the clubs opinion on the other new players? Is there a buzz around the training ground now?

How do you mean Mysteryman? Will he have similar funds to what he has had this summer?

And...

Whats the clubs opinion on the other new players? Is there a buzz around the training ground now?

Have no idea on budget at all but yes the whole place Bodymoor/VP is totally different . The thing with Lambert is don't matter how much you cost or what your reputation is if you don't put the graft in then you are out . It's going to take time but if we can get through this season I can see us challenging for 6th place again maybe next season or the one after . It stands to reason not all of the signings are going to come off but hearing nothing but positive comments about all of them so far .

If we play like we have in the past two matches for the next couple of month we'll soon forget all talk of relegation.

Seems to me PL is laying foundations right now, from there you only build upwards so I would expect the calibre and value of signings to improve year on year

Have no idea on budget at all but yes the whole place Bodymoor/VP is totally different . The thing with Lambert is don't matter how much you cost or what your reputation is if you don't put the graft in then you are out . It's going to take time but if we can get thought this season I can see us challenging for 6th place again maybe next season or the one after . It stands to reason not all of the signings are going to come off but hearing nothing but positive comments about all of them so far .

It shows, it really shows. Honestly we look like the hardest working team in the Premier League. That goes a long long way for me as a fan and in terms of the team getting the ball back.

Have no idea on budget at all but yes the whole place Bodymoor/VP is totally different . The thing with Lambert is don't matter how much you cost or what your reputation is if you don't put the graft in then you are out . It's going to take time but if we can get thought this season I can see us challenging for 6th place again maybe next season or the one after . It stands to reason not all of the signings are going to come off but hearing nothing but positive comments about all of them so far .

It shows, it really shows. Honestly we look like the hardest working team in the Premier League. That goes a long long way for me as a fan and in terms of the team getting the ball back.

We used to do the same under O'Neil, the problem was that we never kept the ball enough, therefore we tired, especially towards the end of the season. We need ball retention to go with this hard work, as well as a decent squad rotation policy.

All the old players yesterday were raving about the workrate especially Holmam Weimann and Lowton . I still am being cautious as I think against better sides we will be found wanting and until we string a few wins together it's hard to judge where we will finish . But last 3 games have been very encouraging

The work rate is great to see, makes the effort us fans put in feel worthwhile.

I agree with MM, against the top sides we will probably get found out a bit, still seems the full backs are very exposed at times and better teams will expose that.

As they say though, Rome wasn't built in a day.

We used to do the same under O'Neil, the problem was that we never kept the ball enough, therefore we tired, especially towards the end of the season. We need ball retention to go with this hard work, as well as a decent squad rotation policy.

The great thing is that Lambert is trying to introduce those two things into the team.

And...

I think it is a given he would get as much as this year. If the question is 'would he get more' - I'm not sure that would be what he wanted. I am not sure he would do much better spending a lot (like those who said what if got MON money) - the whole crux of Pl's philosophy seems pretty clearly to get 'hungry' young players - although not necessarily inexperienced footballers - and build them into a real Team, a la Fergie in his early United days, and Dortmund recently (and others). On that basis he will only need to spend on more of the same and to swap/replace the key experienced players, if any, and that would be the only costly ones.

And thats if you think he wants/needs experienced players, I'm not overly sure he does, or, if he does, they really need to be putting the graft in, we can all see that.

I can see a possibility that our bench could quite easily sometimes be Gabby, Bent, Nzogbia, Dunne, Warnock, Given and Hutton - for the sake of argument - quite easily, in other words years and years of experience as subs !!!!

So I don't think money is going to be an issue either way.

Im actually really happy with his signings. He has gone for young.hungry, talented players with a point to prove instead of journeymen on ridiculous salaries. e.g KEA has probably done more in 4 games than Sidwell or NRC offered in all their time at the club

Â