Joe Bennett

Si.

So did Lambert tell him to stand 20 yards off Valencia all night or did Bennett just decide he needed that much of a head-start to avoid getting beaten down the wing?

I don't think Lambert or his signings have any clue about defending.

So did Lambert tell him to stand 20 yards off Valencia all night or did Bennett just decide he needed that much of a head-start to avoid getting beaten down the wing?

Every single team Lambert has managed has been fairly shit at the back. I dont know wether its shit coaching or signing shit defenders thats the problem. I suspect its shit coaching, you would expect some level of improvement over a season. we make the same mistakes week in and week out.

having one of the smallest physically weak teams in the history of the premier league probably doesnt help.

I know it was Man U but I thought that was one of his worse performances tonight.

In my opinion we desperately need another left back.

That and a commanding midfielder are the two roles we need the most.

Left back has been our weakest position all season, You've got to ask will Antonio Valencia ever have such a weak left back to play against ever again in the premier league and the answer is no!!!!!. Lamberts worst signing ever and one of the main reasons we are going down. Why hes persisted with him is beyond me, we have a child playing left back for us......................

one of the main reasons we are going down. 

What a load of rubbish. There are reasons after reasons why we are in a relegation fight and whilst he has had some bad games he isnt one of the main reasons we are in that scrap. Hell, he had a bad game last night but he wasnt even the main reason for last nights loss.

Every single team Lambert has managed has been fairly shit at the back. I dont know wether its shit coaching or signing shit defenders thats the problem. I suspect its shit coaching, you would expect some level of improvement over a season. we make the same mistakes week in and week out.

having one of the smallest physically weak teams in the history of the premier league probably doesnt help.

You do have to wonder if the squad ever sit down and review games, and go over the mistakes that are made in an attempt to improve on them. The evidence on the pitch suggests that they don't as we make mistake after mistake every match. This is simply not good enough for a Premier League team that wants to stay in the PL. Even if we stay up, it is hard to see how the team are going to drastically improve next season. There is virtually no talent amongst them imo.

Lambert doesn't appear to know how to rectify the issues, this is based on the fact that we defend like the Keystone Cops. It is slapstick at times, This is up there with the Worst Defence I have ever witnessed in my 30+ years of supporting Aston Villa (The 86/87 team). I can't watch them anymore, it makes me so angry.

I still think hes a winger. I think he thinks hes a winger too. Hes not a defender, and thats pretty obvious.

I don't see a winger there, not at this level certainly.

I thought the same about Gareth Bale once

Unless he suddenly realises his positioning is awful, or gets a second wind as a winger he simply can't grace our team any more.

The worst left back in the Premier League and he strikes fear in our defence....that's not good for relegation battles.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Whether he'll ever be up to it is a matter of discussion. But what's not debatable is whether he's up to it right now. And he isn't. Granted, you don't play United every week but it's clear that they targetted him early on and got great results from it. Other sides will see that now and we need to do something about it. Sunderland have Adam Johnson on that side and they'll do exactly the same thing if they've any sense.

they targetted him early on and got great results from it. Other sides will see that now and we need to do something about it. Sunderland have Adam Johnson on that side and they'll do exactly the same thing if they've any sense.

Sides have been doing that most of the season, so it wont change whilst he starts.

Â