Joe Bennett

Si.

Did well again. 

Will be a decent full back if we were to drop into the championship. If we stay up however, I'd expect Lambert to drop him down and allow him to play second fiddle to a better player.

Encouraging performances recently though.

Has looked better recently, and coincidently when he doesn't have Clark next to him. On the flip side, Lowton has looked worse since Clark has been on the right. Hmmmmm.

Hes grade A muck .....the stuff you use for fertilizer    what the hell is the problem with us recruiting two decent full backs ....jesus wept when bouma left and everyone was saying oh its for the best he lost a yard of pace after the injury   

Still hasn't played fully in a league victory. I don't think that's a coincidence now.

Still hasn't played fully in a league victory. I don't think that's a coincidence now.

I keep saying this, never get points when he starts. Also watch the first 3-5 mins he was on. Reading hit every high ball into his corner and he couldn't deal with them. I hope baker is okay.

So less than an hour after a huge win in the context of our season was it really necessary to come into this thread and make a negative remark like this? When he came on he did fine today and has looked much better of late. All the negativity from the fans must have impacted on JB at times this season, credit where it's due I think.

• Like 1

So less than an hour after a huge win in the context of our season was it really necessary to come into this thread and make a negative remark like this? When he came on he did fine today and has looked much better of late. All the negativity from the fans must have impacted on JB at times this season, credit where it's due I think.

Credit for what? We haven't got a point when he started. I was at the Arsenal game and he was far from good. Yes was better than his previous performances but was still shit. Needs to get allot stronger IMO. Is pushed off the ball all the time and other teams exploit him.

Credit for what? We haven't got a point when he started

Jesus, that can't be true can it?

still can't believe he was expected to be our first choice left back this season. What the hell did Lambert and his scouts see!?!? we are just lucky we have a solid young centre half in Baker to bail us out for a left back!

Credit for what? We haven't got a point when he started

Jesus, that can't be true can it?

No.

I'm not a Bennett fan but just for the sake of truth here, we have got points against West Brom (twice), Swansea, and Everton when he has started and played a full 90 minutes. One point against Norwich when he started and was sent off. 3 points against Sunderland (which can be discounted because he was subbed off after 11 minutes with the score at nil nil).

The worrying thing about Bennett is I think of him as a 'kid' but he's 23 this month. I just don't think he is going to develop physically enough to be a top-flight defender.

I think he either needs to bulk up (a summer in the gym and supplements etc) or try to make it as a left winger/left midfielder.

Certainly, there are teams who can get away with very slight full-backs but they tend to be very attacking teams who dominate play e.g. Brazil. Teams fighting at the bottom of the premier league can't afford full-backs like this, any manager with a brain will just tell their striker(s) to pull onto him for crosses and long balls e.g. goal kicks and he becomes a liability.

Â