Joe Bennett

Si.

We're all frustrated, even the manager

I am sure the manager and some of the players are frustrated Richard. The difference of course between us and them is that we will still be here long after they have turned their backs on us for whatever reason. The crowd for me would be better focusing their frustrations and abuse if need be towards the owner.

It is all very quickly coming home to roost now isn't it. This ridiculous policy the club has gone down of signing a mixture of young players, foreign players and relying on players who have come through the ranks who all for the most part have no experience of playing at this level.

I genuinely feel sorry for the likes of Bennett that they don't have a Petrov, Southgate, Laursen, Mellberg or **** me even a Reo Coker or Collins who can put an arm round their shoulder when things aren't going their way in a game or offer a few wise words of advice.

Edited by markavfc40

It is wrong to abuse him and quite frankly achieves nothing. It is moronic, plain and simple.

In terms of Bennett though, I've been massively disappointed with him since his debut at Southampton away and see little to suggest he will turn it around anytime soon. When you're getting skinned all night by players from a League Two club you know something is wrong. I once filled in to play left-back (I was a striker) and my performance then reminded me of Bennett's against Bradford. He looked like a fish out of water.

He's far too lightweight, doesn't seem to have a quick burst of pace (quite crucial for a full-back), doesn't track players, dives in all the time and either misses the tackle or commits a stupid foul and just generally looks way out of his depth playing in a Premier League team.

That's just my assessment of him so far and I know others who share that opinion. However, it is Lambert who keeps picking him so abusing the player is not fair on any level. Direct your anger at Lambert for keeping him on the field.

why cant people boo? am not a booer myself but im sure many Villa fans paid a lot of hard earned money to go to Bradford and see an abject performance by Bennett when he probably earns more in 2 weeks than fans do in a year.

If you pay that money to go to a concert and its rubbish would you not boo?

It is wrong to abuse him and quite frankly achieves nothing. It is moronic, plain and simple.

In terms of Bennett though, I've been massively disappointed with him since his debut at Southampton away and see little to suggest he will turn it around anytime soon. When you're getting skinned all night by players from a League Two club you know something is wrong. I once filled in to play left-back (I was a striker) and my performance then reminded me of Bennett's against Bradford. He looked like a fish out of water.

He's far too lightweight, doesn't seem to have a quick burst of pace (quite crucial for a full-back), doesn't track players, dives in all the time and either misses the tackle or commits a stupid foul and just generally looks way out of his depth playing in a Premier League team.

That's just my assessment of him so far and I know others who share that opinion. However, it is Lambert who keeps picking him so abusing the player is not fair on any level. Direct your anger at Lambert for keeping him on the field.

https://twitter.com/henrywinter. Lambert needs to sort out #avfc left flank. Bennett struggling against the lively Hines and Darby #bcafc

Henry Winter tweeted this during the game and he was right, Bennett had the winger and full back running at him all night with no protection from a winger.

why cant people boo? am not a booer myself but im sure many Villa fans paid a lot of hard earned money to go to Bradford and see an abject performance by Bennett when he probably earns more in 2 weeks than fans do in a year.

If you pay that money to go to a concert and its rubbish would you not boo?

Terrible analogy - music is nothing like football.

CarrieBlue, that may well have been true for some of the night, but it does not excuse his performance for me.

He was diving in, making stupid passes, and generally not doing the things an intelligent defender would. I can remember one instance right towards the end, which summed up his night. He was one of two Villa players right near the byline close to the Villa fans trying to get the ball off the Bradford player and they both still managed to let him by, creating another good opening for the home side. This happened all night, when he had support and when he didn't.

Far too weak a player in my opinion from what I've seen so far.

I've defended him at times, I've said I think he has the makings of a good player and I still do but he was really poor at Bradford I can't deny that. What is worse Bradford targetted him all game and I'm guessing that was planned based on what their scouts had reported, we will see it more and more in coming games starting with Southampton. They will hit lots of cross field long balls to Lambert who will sit between our left CB and Bennett and likely have a field day.

I still think there is a good player in there but at the moment he is looking out of form, confidence and to an extent his depth.

I think Bennett might come good still but he look's like he just hasn't made the step up like say Lowton has. In an ideal world I'd send him on loan to a championship club for the rest of the season but without buying another LB I can't see it happening as our squad is small enough as it is.

They were all shit, having no midfield didn't help him at all, he looked shell shocked. The amount of pressure on these players is immense, good players can turn into bad ones and bad players, with strong nerves, can be look good.

Booing him, or any other player for that matter does no one any good.

As for a concert being the same as a football match...... you don't support a band, you don't watch them every week and you don't have a vested interest in their success.

They were all shit on Tuesday, but Bennett seems to be getting the brunt of the stick

He's getting the brunt of it because he was easily the worst player on the pitch, of either side.

I agree we shouldn't be giving him abuse, and we shouldn't be expectign him to be a worldbeater after a handful of appearances.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that Tuesday's performance from him was as bad as they come.

Just watched the pre match presser and the one of the journos asked Lambert how he felt about Bennett apologising on Twitter for his poor performance. Didn't seem overly pleased, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lichaj at LB or Baker if Vlaar returns to the lineup.

Â