Worst Game You've Ever Played?

villaajax

I've just been playing Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story for the SNES and it got me thinking, what is the worst game you've ever played?

Space Ace on the SNES is still number one for me but this game comes pretty close!

There are more shitty 8 bit games out there than you could hope to mention. Roland on the Caves for the Amstrad is the first that comes to mind.

Off the top of my head, Spyro The Dragon! It was one of the games that was included in the bundle when I bought an Xbox. Load of shit.
No! Loved Spyro.

I played a PS1 game called 'Rascal', I've got a high tolerance for crap games but this was too much, you used a bubble gun to try and save your parents who were trapped in an hour glass, killing bats, spiders, knights, trolls, dragons, all with your bubble gun. And the game had a great mixture of impossibly bad movement, and camera angles that would get stuck above your head if you backed up to a wall in a fight.

I wish I still had it.

Italia '90 was fun to play back in the day, part of the Sega Mega Collection with Super Hang-on and Columns. I played that game all the time round my nan's house.

Worst game ever though has to go to another Mega Drive game called Hard Drivin'. The framerate was appalling, the graphics were terrible as were the controls and all you could do is drive round one track with a few jumps. However, it will always live on in my memory because there's a stick figure cow near a barn and if you drive through it, all sound drops out and a stock 'moo' sound effect plays. We used to find it hilarious when we were kids.

Here's a screenshot:

1083_1.png

And this is the "cow":

610131-aut_188_010.gif

16-bit games that tried to go the 3D polygonal route were usually terrible. It was usually in direct contradiction of the hype they got, since journos would just harp on about how amazing the tech was while enjoying their industry freebies. I've played a lot of terrible games but these early polygon-based games felt like the worst, since the shattered expectations were like salt in the wound.

So in that spirit, my choice is Corporation, an early FPS on the MegaDrive:

corporation-02.png

This green guy from the intro screen was like the game's scary gimmick, like Quake's shambler or Silent Hill's Pyramid Head. Meet one of these and it was pretty much instadeath, mainly due to the shite controls.

corporation-03.png

^That's supposed to be a door.

corporation-04.png

Scary robot.

Like I say, this was more a case of unfulfilled expectations rather than it being literally the worst game ever. It had some really novel ideas for its time, as the cluttered interface with its multitude of interesting bits and bobs hints at. It got something ridiculous like 98% in whatever Sega mag I was reading at the time, but it felt utterly broken. The amount of times I got stuck in doorways as the black doorway polygon filled my entire screen, and I would slowly rotate my field of view until I saw a sliver of not-doorway that I could desperately move towards... but somehow fail and end up stuck in a doorway or wall again.

Maybe not the literal worst game in existence, but surely my worst and most disappointing experience ever playing a game.

Probably Resident Evil 5. It was completely un-Resident Evil. In fact under any other name it would have been a decent game but as an RE game it **** sucked, thankfully I didn't pay Crapcom for the pleasure of playing it. I thought RE 4 was bad but RE 5 took the biscuit.

Actually, objectively the worst game ever is a FPS called 'Ethnic Cleansing'. Not only is it's premise completely asinine but the game play and design **** sucked harder than Tulisa.

Also there's a game called Super Columbine Massacre RPG, but it's actually pretty well made for what it is.

No one, literally not one single person, can beat this

Hugo_Cover.jpg

It was originally devised as an interactive game for kids TV, some may remember it from Live n Kicking...god awful. For it to be given sequels too! Bizarre.

Did anyone ever play Euro 96 on the Saturn? It was a port of one of the 3d actua soccer games but was so half arsed and so cashed in for the Euro's that I don't even know what it was. Every player on it was white, they didn't bother making black players, y'know, like their actual skin colour. Completely out of sync commentary, an unplayable camera angle that randomly zoomed in on you at strange times and tiny, tiny goalposts that meant that it was so hard to score, it was more or less impossible to score more than two goals in a game.

Italia '90 on the Master System was absolute heaven compared to this.

Did anyone ever play Euro 96 on the Saturn? It was a port of one of the 3d actua soccer games but was so half arsed and so cashed in for the Euro's that I don't even know what it was. Every player on it was white, they didn't bother making black players, y'know, like their actual skin colour. Completely out of sync commentary, an unplayable camera angle that randomly zoomed in on you at strange times and tiny, tiny goalposts that meant that it was so hard to score, it was more or less impossible to score more than two goals in a game.

Italia '90 on the Master System was absolute heaven compared to this.

lol yes Euro 96 was awful.

I remember USA 94 on the mega CD being dreadful, plus I hated 3 Lions on the playstation, crap game IMO.

Speaking of the Mega CD, did anyone ever play Night Trap? Absolutely **** dreadful game.

Pit fighter was awesome btw.

Trap Door on the amstrad was bad, there was no end.. Also the prize, which was a sort of space ship game where you looked down on a level and controlled your little space ship and had to collect letters to spell out 'the prize' and avoid enemies and puzzles and stuff on the way. It was impossible because as you moves from room to room, the enemies would spawn ANYWHERE on the map, meaning they would often insta kill you, and you only had 3 lives.

I thought Micheal Owen football on the PS1 was very bad. It looked ok, but was just a shit game.

Any movie adaptation is bad for a game.

It wasn't a bad game but I bought it after it had been out for about 5 years for very cheap. It was online multiplayer only so obviously all the people that still played it were **** awesome at it. I played it for an hour and traded it back in.. That game was Warhawk.

Any movie adaptation is bad for a game.

Most are, absolutely. They're rushed to completion so that they're out when the movie is and decent developers don't need movie licenses so they normally get given to crappier studios.

However, Spider-man 2 on PS2 was quite enjoyable. I prefer swinging around Manhattan on that than on The Amazing Spider-man. Also I really enjoyed Enter the Matrix on Xbox. It had a cool little hacking game on it that was a lot of fun too, although I suppose you could argue that the game isn't an adaptation of any of the three movies and is a standalone story that ties in with the franchise if you wanted to be difficult though ;)

Â