Worst Game You've Ever Played?

villaajax

In terms of expectation to reality Sensible Soccer '98 and PES 6(next-gen).

In terms of just all round shittyness the copy of Tunnel B1 that was originally bundled with my Playstation. Walk into any computer game shop at the time and there would always be dozens of them tossed in the used game bin going for about a quid each.

Superman 64 is usually up there in the lists of the absolute worst of all time but luckily I never had the misfortune of playing it.

Did anyone ever play Euro 96 on the Saturn? It was a port of one of the 3d actua soccer games but was so half arsed and so cashed in for the Euro's that I don't even know what it was. Every player on it was white, they didn't bother making black players, y'know, like their actual skin colour. Completely out of sync commentary, an unplayable camera angle that randomly zoomed in on you at strange times and tiny, tiny goalposts that meant that it was so hard to score, it was more or less impossible to score more than two goals in a game.

Italia '90 on the Master System was absolute heaven compared to this.

That was a common thing back then. Dwight Yorke was white on FIFA 96.

In terms of games I've genuinely purchased or played as opposed to Big Rigs which I just downloaded to see how truly shit it was, I'd go along with PES 6 in terms of sheer disappointment.

Back then PES was the king of football games, not FIFA, and PES6 was the first on the next gen consoles so everyone expected it to be awesome.

It was shite, and the PS2 version blew it out of the water.

Also bought Hasbro Family Fun Night on the Wii as my mom and sister wanted something we could all play. **** gash.

Worst game ever though has to go to another Mega Drive game called Hard Drivin'. The framerate was appalling, the graphics were terrible as were the controls and all you could do is drive round one track with a few jumps. However, it will always live on in my memory because there's a stick figure cow near a barn and if you drive through it, all sound drops out and a stock 'moo' sound effect plays. We used to find it hilarious when we were kids.

Here's a screenshot:

1083_1.png

And this is the "cow":

610131-aut_188_010.gif

I had Hard Drivin', came in an Atari ST boxset with Toobin' on the same disk.

Yeah, it was pretty pants.

Going back to the movie tie-in thing

1343577288_420921836_1-G-Force-For-PS3-Vasant-Kunj.jpg

No, not an entry into the 'worst games ever played' category, but one into the 'best movie tie-ins ever' category. It was surprisingly really excellent. In a similar way that the Toy Story 3 game was. Except G-Force was better than that. As long as you didnt put those stupid 3D glasses on and enter '3D mode'. Migraine city.

Michael Owen Soccer, I do remember that, and did play it on a demo. Anyone who used to get PSM back in the day will remember the demo discs, and 'MOS' was the headline act one month. I remember that I used to play that demo disc alot, although not for 'MOS', there was something else on there that was rather good...can't remember what though.

Hmmm Aladdin was a good game for the Mega Drive.

GoldenEye was an awesome game for the N64.

Not all movie adaptations are bad but most do suck.

Yep, another couple of great examples there. I spent hours on Aladdin on the Mega Drive, absolutely brilliant.

GoldenEye was THE game of my early teens. Me and my mates would play multiplayer for hours on sleepovers, good times. I worked at Rare as a tester up until as recently as January this year. They really have gone down the pan, such a shame. I did get to test the XBLA version of Perfect Dark though. That was a lot of fun, but since then...

• Like 1

Hard Drivin' was in the arcade next door to our school. It was awesome in the arcade. :D

IIRC Hard Drivin' was initially commissioned as a sit in driving simulator for driving schools.

The game bit was mashed on later to make a few extra bucks.

F1 2009 on the psp. Graphics were total dog shit and the overall feel of the game was shit. It was built up as the next best game but was woeful. Thankfully f1 2010 and 2011 on the Xbox were big improvements.

Not the worst game ive played but the worst recently- Game of Thrones. I love the book so trying to finish it but its so bad. Bad acting, bad combat, horrific bugs! You get money and gear but theres no need to use vendors or do side quests, and theres about 2 mob types (archer and non archer).

Stuck on the last fight due to a horrific bug with seemingly no way to reset it. Was stuck for an hour earlier on a really hard fight, realised in the end the game was simply sending 4 waves of mobs at me at once. Reload save three times and on third time they come as meant to and its easy.

Must...finish...somehow.

Vanquish.

It's a futuristic third-person shooter.

There was nothing broken in the game, the acting wasn't terrible, the story wasn't utterly horrible, but it's the first game that came to my mind because I completed the single player campaign (which lasted 5 hours, seriously - and there's no multiplayer), and yet there's not a single memorable moment that I can recall. Just running, gunning, and hiding behind the numerous chest-high walls.

It was just the most bland game I've ever experienced.

And a 5 hour campaign for a game that has no multiplayer takes the piss.

I only ever played the demo of Vanquish but it seemed a lot of fun. Then again, maybe the fact that I didn't buy the full game supports your point of view. I always said I'd get it eventually but up until now I had completely forgotten about it. It seemed like a load of crazy mad fun though.

I quite liked Rage. Granted, the ending is balls but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Speaking of bollocks endings/criminally short games, Force Unleashed II was a complete **** rip-off. Just glad I was able to get a refund.

Chris Kamara's street soccer was pretty bad, featuring England left back 'Dominic'.

Also I despised Tunnel B1. Got it with my PS1 bundle and tried to change it in hundreds of times and nobody would take it. Still got the **** thing in my loft I think :(

Â