Richard Dunne

Zatman

Pulis will listen to offers for Ryan Shawcross if his bid to gazump Queens Park Rangers for Michael Dawson is successful but a move for Dunne is not affected by that.

Shawcross and money for Dunne would represent progress but not sufficiently profitable player trading for us at the moment so I guess any replacement (and surely there would have to be would be one) would come in at a cost of say a third of the cost that bringing in Shawcross would.

we have players lined up.. we have to sell first

And the players we might sign are reduced each day whilst we wait for someone to take these players off our hands KSV? With the window about to slam shut the game we are playing is high risk and can we be sure that we will be the only club looking at our potential signings and those players will wait around until we are ready to sign them? Sounds too much like sell to buy for me..

we have players lined up.. we have to sell first.. just like vlaar.. if it wasnt for twitter we wouldnt have known about him

Just guess work, or....

MYSTERYMAN did say herd will be 4th choice cb when dunne goes. SO baker and herd are our back up defenders? That is not prem level. Really worried

Yes, that would be very worrying..and we'd be in big trouble. :(

Can only hope we're not that desperate to cut costs that we wouldn't bring in another commanding CB if Dunne was to move on.

I'd rather not sell dunne. I think he good at what he does best - a stopper.

The best out and out defender at the club

We've got 3 lads from the dutch league, the lad from sheffield utd and a load of kids. It's a massive gamble I'd rather the mainstays of the defence were experienced prem players. or at least one of the four.

I'm sorry to see Dunne leave. I agree if this happens its a massive gamble by Lambert.

Glad to see him go. My friend said when we signed him 'Will give away penalties and pick up red cards.' That's pretty much what we've got out of him.

Dont forget a few own goals along the way, bust ups with coaches and generally looking pissed !

Good old crazy eyes.

He was good for a short while, started to fade towards the league cup final and hasnt stopped.

Glad to see him go. My friend said when we signed him 'Will give away penalties and pick up red cards.' That's pretty much what we've got out of him.

He's never been sent off for us.

I also reckon earning a place in the Premier League team of the season represents a decent achievement from someone apparently so poor.

He's never been sent off for us.

I also reckon earning a place in the Premier League team of the season represents a decent achievement from someone apparently so poor.

In all seriousness he isnt poor his style of play has just been found out the last two seasons. Not a great defender though, he had his day. but its firmly gone.

I'd rather not sell dunne. I think he good at what he does best - a stopper.

The best out and out defender at the club

We've got 3 lads from the dutch league, the lad from sheffield utd and a load of kids. It's a massive gamble I'd rather the mainstays of the defence were experienced prem players. or at least one of the four.

I'm sorry to see Dunne leave. I agree if this happens its a massive gamble by Lambert.

Not this "experienced PL" thing again. Dunne may be incredibly experienced but he's still a massive liability and I'd have Vlaar in the team over him every day of the week, despite the latter having only 90 minutes PL experience and coming from the Netherlands.

Huge risks being taken by paul lambert. MYSTERYMAN did say herd will be 4th choice cb when dunne goes. SO baker and herd are our back up defenders? That is not prem level. Really worried

When MM said that I just assumed he meant when dunne's contract ran out.

Going into the season with Vlaar, Clark, baker and Herd as our defenders would be mental.

Should not sell. Don't rate Clark anywhere near as highly as Dunne even if he has been turd for the best part of two years. Still an important, senior member of the squad imo. Contract up at the end of the year anyway so won't be saving a fortune on wages either.

I agree with this, unless we are getting in a younger but well experienced Premier League replacement.

Should not sell. Don't rate Clark anywhere near as highly as Dunne even if he has been turd for the best part of two years. Still an important, senior member of the squad imo. Contract up at the end of the year anyway so won't be saving a fortune on wages either.

I agree with this, unless we are getting in a younger but well experienced replacement.

Fixed. ;):P

Â