Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

He was dreadful at Everton so didn't deserve to start v QPR.

He's a hit and miss player, that's clear from his 2 years. He needs to start regularly at home though as he can run with the ball at pace so that's as close to midfield creativity as we get nowadays.

He was dreadful at Everton so didn't deserve to start v QPR.

He's a hit and miss player, that's clear from his 2 years. He needs to start regularly at home though as he can run with the ball at pace so that's as close to midfield creativity as we get nowadays.

In fairness though Gabby has been dreadful for a long time but he still gets to start most games.

• Like 1

I like Zog. He's got his flaws, but he is different from our other players. You don't always know what he will do with the ball. I always respect a player who is able to hold onto a ball. Many times that sort of players do it to a fault, just like Charles.

Edited by AVTuco

I think the fact that his contract is running down is providing him with a bit of motivation.

He was excellent v Spurs, my MOTM.

The thing with him is that he's excellent at running with the ball, and he can even pass pretty well, but his ability to pass properly deteriorates with every yard he runs. He seemed to mostly remember this important fact v Tottenham.

We've been here before with him though, odd decent or even good performances the problem is that they are few and far between.

So while he played well I'm not adjusting my view of him or thinking he is suddenly going to be the player we thought we were getting.

Would be nice though.

He's so inconsistent in the final third.

Showed great energy yesterday and ran with the ball excellently. But, apart from his assist, he seemed to make the wrong decision with his final ball every time.

I guess that's what's stopping him becoming a really good player. Would like to see more of him though.

Even with all his faults, the lack of consistency, the off days, the overall frustration...he is still our most creative outlet, I would play him every week, I would let him do whatever he wanted like Martinez did at Wigan. Go out and there and win us games.

• Like 3

Showed great energy yesterday and ran with the ball excellently. But, apart from his assist, he seemed to make the wrong decision with his final ball every time.

I guess that's what's stopping him becoming a really good player. Would like to see more of him though.

And Weimann and Gabby isn't? I think its ridiciously unfair how much more stick Zog get than those two who have been.Tthey have been playing playing week out for 3 seasons now. Zog has been injured for a very long time. 

My opinion is that Zog has been one of our best players this season.

Edited by villalad21

And Weimann and Gabby isn't?

Where did I say that?

I think its ridiciously unfair how much more stick Zog get than those two who have been.Tthey have been playing playing week out for 3 seasons now. Zog has been injured for a very long time.

Where did I say they were immune from stick?

My opinion is that Zog has been one of our best players this season.

Good for you.

I'm not sure why I got quoted for this post?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

But, apart from his assist, he seemed to make the wrong decision with his final ball every time.

That's what he does. He runs brilliantly, but running the way he does uses a lot of energy and that can make you careless about what happens next.

The reason he made such a great pass for the assist was that he hadn't had to run anywhere before he made it.

I think he'd be a sensational player if he could somehow learn to offload the ball before he's knacked.

• Like 1

Played well yesterday and just edged out Sanchez as my MOTM. Players of Zogs ilk are rarely consistant and if he was he would be playing for Bayern, Real or Barca not us. He show a lot of passion and was constantly shouting at others to get into position.

Â