Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Jesus christ, can we just stop with the witch hunt! Lambert said yesterday whatever picture you are talking about on twitter about training is from omnths ago because he's back at villa, training with the development team.

He's injury was season ending, so he is recovering. Obviously knowhere near ready for ther first team.

Edited by villan_007

Does anyone believe this?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-insists-6949312

Boss insists Charles N'Zogbia is not surplus to requirements at Villa but says winger is not yet fit enough to train with the first team

Paul Lambert has revealed Charles N’Zogbia is training with Aston Villa’s kids – but insists he is not a member of his notorious ‘Bomb Squad’ of unwanted players.

N’Zogbia has been sidelined all season with a ruptured Achilles sustained during the close season on a holiday in Miami and is no nearer a return to action.

The French winger posted cryptic comments on social media site Instagram this week, hinting that he was out of favour with the claret and blues.

But Lambert insists N’Zogbia’s exile is purely because his recovery has yet to reach the stage where he is fit enough for the tempo of first-team training.

Asked if N’Zogbia was surplus to requirements like Darren Bent, Shay Given and Alan Hutton – collectively nicknamed the ‘Bomb Squad’ – Lambert said ‘No’.

“It’s just in my opinion he isn’t ready for training in the first team at the minute. It’s too much for him.

“Charles has been training with the kids. His injury is the same as Christian’s got. It’s really bad.

“He’s still really short of match fitness. You can do all the training you want, you can work with the fitness lads, but for this level of football you’ve got to get yourself up to top level.

“I don’t think he’s ready for anything like that at the minute.”

Lambert insists the intensity of training with the senior squad at Bodymoor Heath risks setting back N’Zogbia’s recovery and aggravating his injury.

“He’s training but when you return to train with the first team it’s difficult because of the speed of it and the tempo of it,” he said.

‘Seeing him come and train with the first team is difficult, the speed of it can put you back if you’re not 100 per cent ready.’

Does anybody read the articles?

Probably a lie though, or luck, or something wrong by Lambert.

Think he just touched down back in Miami after being in Marrakech so, unless Bodymoor has moved, I don't believe it personally.

So he's on holiday in Miami and Lamberts saying he is training with Youth Team?

I THINK he just touched back down in MIA, not 100% sure, but he has been in Marrakech all week.

In the past Lambert has made it very clear which players are surplus to requirements. At the very least he is leaving the door open for N'Zogbia, which he certainly never did with Hutton or Given. I believe he's still in the frame and training with the kids because that's seen as best for his recovery right now. 

I visited this thread last week and thought it was preposterous.

I can't believe this conspiracy is still running on. The man's had a very bad injury. He's nowhere near ready for first team drills.

Can any physio or doctor members of Villatalk please come out and express an informed opinion on the likelihood that the Zog is nowhere near fit to train with the first team rather than "bombed out". 

Could we then put this to rest.

• Like 1

It all just seems very odd to me

Same here.  I can't put my finger on anything specific, it just seems all a bit suspicious.  Are 16 year olds really going to be THAT much less active than the first team that it makes a huge difference?

The strange thing is though you normally have a player train with Fitness experts to get back to decent fitness levels before you kick a ball, not the YOUTH team, who are still likely to be fitter, and theres the risk of getting injured again!

The strange thing is though you normally have a player train with Fitness experts to get back to decent fitness levels before you kick a ball, not the YOUTH team, who are still likely to be fitter, and theres the risk of getting injured again!

You also don't let them party across the globe continually for 7 or 8 months, especially being as that is how he apparently picked up this injury in the first place.

• Like 1

If N'Zogbia figured in Lerner and Lambert's plans for next season he would be training lightly alongside the first team squad. It's all about building a players confidence and enhancing team spirit. Training with the kids has nothing to do with fitness, it is a clear message to a player and his agent that he's got no future at the club. Lambert did not treat Okores this way and he certainly will not be requiring Benteke to suffer similar embarrassment. It's all about wages once again, Lerner has told Lambert to get rid of N'Zog and his wages …. end of. 

• Like 1

Â