Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We nearly went down last year because we couldn't win enough games.

We couldn't win enough games because as an attacking force we were an absolute joke.

We've done nothing to change our attacking players one bit.

Thinking we'll be relegated is a joke.

Good old fashioned blind faith there.

If we sign no attacking player there is no doubt about it, we will be down there again this season.

We nearly went down last year because we couldn't win enough games.

We couldn't win enough games because as an attacking force we were an absolute joke.

We've done nothing to change our attacking players one bit.

Thinking we'll be relegated is a joke.

Good old fashioned blind faith there.

If we sign no attacking player there is no doubt about it, we will be down there again this season.

Come on now, if I tell my four year old to walk backwards all the time she'll have a go and probably not be great at it, but it doesnt mean she cant walk forwards anymore when I tell her to stop.

McLeish had our players defending, he had the team set up to defend, his tactics were negative, his motivation was poor. That is why we struggled to score, yesterday was one game there is no way we will score less than last season and even with McLeish in charge we didnt go down.

McLeish had our players defending, he had the team set up to defend, his tactics were negative, his motivation was poor. That is why we struggled to score, yesterday was one game there is no way we will score less than last season and even with McLeish in charge we didnt go down.

Completely agree Mcleish set us up all wrong.

But even though the possession was better and the intent was better yesterday we still looked absolutely pathetic going forward.

If you can't create chances and score goals you're gonna be near the bottom.

I think our football will be better to watch this year but unless some attacking players are signed I don't think the results will be too different.

What yesterday did show again is Bent is fairly hopeless when there is that much of a gap behind him from our midfield. Next week I think Weimann will play up top with him and we'll see a lot more attacking intent.

Hopefully.

When we play like we did yesterday then it's like playing with 10 men because Bent basically might as well not be there.

My concern is that as it stands I can only see plenty of draws or losses. And regardless of how you play a loss is still 0 points.

Fingers crossed. I think the West Ham result is a real problem for us though. Everton has strengthened and lets face it there is a good chance we will be two games in with 0 points. Thats gonna be rough on the team and supporters confidence.

Of course we could strengthen ourselves before next week. Fingers crossed.

Might as well start a thread entitled "Top 6", because us finishing top 6 is just as about as likely as being relegated, if not more so.

I think there is a very slim chance of us getting relegated but there is absolutely no chance, in our current state, of finishing in the top 6.

I think the chances are about equal.

I'd say relegation is more likely than top 6 but I don't think we will finish in either position.

We will be about 12-14th with this squad I recon.

12th-16th I'd say... that top 6 remark was ridiculous :lol:

I never said we would finish top 6. Of course we won't.

Well if there are no additions in the next couple of weeks I fear for us - I really do.

If you look at the way the Vlaar deal played out - ie he wasn't coming until west ham come in for Collins - then it doesn't bode well for additions in the next couple of weeks - Bent aside, I don't see any of players being courted by anyone else.

What yesterday did show again is Bent is fairly hopeless when there is that much of a gap behind him from our midfield. Next week I think Weimann will play up top with him and we'll see a lot more attacking intent.

any striker would be hopeless with that much of a gap from him to the midfield. he spent all game marked by both centrebacks because ireland kept wanting to drop deep to pickup the ball.

the few times we got it into his feet and got up in support he held it up and moved it on, but aside from that all the passes were in the air which was easier for the west ham defence to deal with.

if we are going to play 433/451/4231 or whatever we were meant to be playing on saturday, then the midfielder in behind the striker has to get up in support, and the wider midfielders have to work to create room.

Sadly, and I hope I'm wrong, there aren't 3 worse teams in the league than us.

A lot of the other mid-bottom teams have spent well and have appointed shrewd managers.

Our squad is really poor, our youngsters overrated at this level.

Our Champions League gamble under MON has really done us over, but that's the nature of a failed gamble I suppose.

Any renewed optimism I had is quickly waning as the days and weeks pass with no notable squad improvement. Keep hearing that all will be well and we'll sign these amazing players that'll have us competing again, but I don't know where they're coming from, how we'll pay their wages or why they'd come here.

When matchday comes and you pick yourself up, get all excited at the prospect that you might not have a ruined weekend, it quickly fades when you realise that we've only won 2 games in 2012 and any hope is relinquished when seeing the monstrosity that is the current squad. I'm absolutely baffled that there are people who think we aren't relegation contenders.

Any renewed optimism I had is quickly waning as the days and weeks pass with no notable squad improvement. Keep hearing that all will be well and we'll sign these amazing players that'll have us competing again, but I don't know where they're coming from, how we'll pay their wages or why they'd come here.

When matchday comes and you pick yourself up, get all excited at the prospect that you might not have a ruined weekend, it quickly fades when you realise that we've only won 2 games in 2012 and any hope is relinquished when seeing the monstrosity that is the current squad. I'm absolutely baffled that there are people who think we aren't relegation contenders.

Lambert has to crack that whip, give the past the slip, step on a crack break your momma's back.

Because when a problem comes along you must whip it, before the cream sits out too long, you must whip it, when something's going wrong you must whip it.

Now whip it into shape, shape it up, get straight, go forward, move ahead, try to detect it, it's not too late to whip it, whip it good.

When a good time turns around, you must whip it, you will never live it down unless you whip it, no one gets away until they whip it.

I say whip it, whip it good, I say whip it, whip it good.

Now whip it into shape, shape it up, get straight, go forward, move ahead, try to detect it,

it's not too late, to whip it into shape, shape it up, get straight, go forward, move ahead, try to detect it, it's not too late to whip it, whip it good.