Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Im not going to take too much into it the result and I think everyone needs to chill out about relegation. Just going off the stats from yesterdays game I think we will be fine. When was the last time we had that much possession? Completed that many passes? In time we will start to create more and more chances IMO but theres no way we will see other teams have 17 odd shots against us like they used to if can keep and pass the ball.

Cant get the table to look decent, just work with it.

West Ham United Team Statistics Aston Villa

1 Goals 0

1 1st Half Goals 0

2 Shots on Target 2

4 Shots off Target 5

2 Blocked Shots 6

6 Corners 4

17 Fouls 9

0 Offsides 2

0 Yellow Cards 1

0 Red Cards 0

75.5 Passing Success 80.4

22 Tackles 24

77.3 Tackles Success 79.2

34 Possession 66

55.1 Territorial Advantage 44.9

265 Total Passes 550

24 Total Crosses 13

131 Lost Balls 170

21 Recoveries 45

30.8 1st Half Poss. 69.2

34.5 2nd Half Poss. 65.5

I'm starting this now because I can't find the old one. We are still shit and Lambert is not a miracle worker. I still believe it is a possibility we can go down and this is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game it's from looking at our squad and the serious lack of quality.

Mods close this thread if you must and I sincerely I hope I am made to shove it up my ass in a few weeks time. But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

im_super_serial__2.png

I say this.. Do you think the Tottenham and Liverpool fans really believe they are relegation candidates? I mean one got battered by West Brom of all clubs. Yes the knee jerk reaction of both sets of fans is probably "oh no we're ****!" but in reality they will both finish comfortably just like we will. I don't get the negativity that spawns on this site, people call themselves fans and yet one game in some seem resigned to the idea of relegation! Are you **** kidding me? People need to chill the **** out and get behind the team instead of spending their time prophecising about this clubs impending doom, a prophecy based upon the result of one game at the start of the season of all things.

Im not going to take too much into it the result and I think everyone needs to chill out about relegation. Just going off the stats from yesterdays game I think we will be fine. When was the last time we had that much possession? Completed that many passes? In time we will start to create more and more chances IMO but theres no way we will see other teams have 17 odd shots against us like they used to if can keep and pass the ball.

Cant get the table to look decent, just work with it.

West Ham United Team Statistics Aston Villa

1 Goals 0

1 1st Half Goals 0

2 Shots on Target 2

4 Shots off Target 5

2 Blocked Shots 6

6 Corners 4

17 Fouls 9

0 Offsides 2

0 Yellow Cards 1

0 Red Cards 0

75.5 Passing Success 80.4

22 Tackles 24

77.3 Tackles Success 79.2

34 Possession 66

55.1 Territorial Advantage 44.9

265 Total Passes 550

24 Total Crosses 13

131 Lost Balls 170

21 Recoveries 45

30.8 1st Half Poss. 69.2

34.5 2nd Half Poss. 65.5

These are a great set of stats, Unfortunatly content is not overly impressive though.

The territorial advantage against possession % ratio tells how much time we spent in our half. Pass to cross ratio against West Ham's is alarming.

I wish I was not on an iPad, I'd have some fun on excel.

I have never found stats like this, not that I hunt for them, where did you get them?

Up the Villa!

Amo so in your opinion based on one game, you think we'll be relegated?

No my opinion before and after the game is that we will be in a relegation scrap this season. But we should have enough to stay up.

I can't believe people are having a dig at me when I clearly say at the start this not to do with yesterday's game. We stayed up by 2 points last season and the squad is practically the same. So a relegation battle is a massive possibility. Jeez you're not allowed an opinion without being attacked by some.

I'm starting this now because I can't find the old one. We are still shit and Lambert is not a miracle worker. I still believe it is a possibility we can go down and this is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game it's from looking at our squad and the serious lack of quality.

Mods close this thread if you must and I sincerely I hope I am made to shove it up my ass in a few weeks time. But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

Do us a favour and don't go down Villa Park until all the negativity has been flushed from your system.

It's all very well sincerely hoping that that this post is shoved up your ass in a few week's time, but in the meantime you've simply set off the twitchers and bedwetters amongst us who'll be spouting doom and gloom, small time nonsense between now and our first win. is that fair on the rest of us who try to approach life with balance and a sense of rationality?What does this twitching achieve? It simply cranks up the nervousness and pressure on the players and manager...and all after ONE game. Dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Fortunately, quite a few other clubs clocked in similar performances to Villa yesterday, and several others put in shifts far, far worse. All being well their hysterical fans will be laying into their own clubs and players. I'd imagine there's a similar thread to this started on fans forums for at least fifteen other PL clubs.

I can't believe people are having a dig at me when I clearly say at the start this not to do with yesterday's game.

Ha! Of course it is. There is no way you would have started a relegation thread if we had won yesterday. I know it, you know it and everyone else knows it. If you can't handle other people's opinions in threads that you create then maybe you should stop creating them!

For what it's worth, relegation IS a possibility. Of course it is, but it is far too early to be even talking about it. If we are struggling come December/January then fair enough but to be talking about relegation after a 1-0 defeat on the opening day of the season is ridiculous.

Do us a favour and don't go down Villa Park until all the negativity has been flushed from your system.

It's all very well sincerely hoping that that this post is shoved up your ass in a few week's time, but in the meantime you've simply set off the twitchers and bedwetters amongst us who'll be spouting doom and gloom, small time nonsense between now and our first win. is that fair on the rest of us who try to approach life with balance and a sense of rationality?What does this twitching achieve? It simply cranks up the nervousness and pressure on the players and manager...and all after ONE game. Dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Fortunately, quite a few other clubs clocked in similar performances to Villa yesterday, and several others put in shifts far, far worse. All being well their hysterical fans will be laying into their own clubs and players. I'd imagine there's a similar thread to this started on fans forums for at least fifteen other PL clubs.

Are you for real? We are not even allowed to talk about the possibility of a relegation battle on a discussion forum? What the hell has this opinion got to do with me supporting my team when I'm at the ground?

Grow up man.

I can't believe people are having a dig at me when I clearly say at the start this not to do with yesterday's game.

Ha! Of course it is. There is no way you would have started a relegation thread if we had won yesterday. I know it, you know it and everyone else knows it. If you can't handle other people's opinions in threads that you create then maybe you should stop creating them!

For what it's worth, relegation IS a possibility. Of course it is, but it is far too early to be even talking about it. If we are struggling come December/January then fair enough but to be talking about relegation after a 1-0 defeat on the opening day of the season is ridiculous.

Of course I want to hear opinions which is why i started the thread. but why do insults have to be thrown in along with them?

I can't believe people are having a dig at me when I clearly say at the start this not to do with yesterday's game. We stayed up by 2 points last season and the squad is practically the same. So a relegation battle is a massive possibility. Jeez you're not allowed an opinion without being attacked by some.

Of course you're allowed an opinion but an hysterical opinion will obviously arouse emotions and an equally passionate response. My view would be that we don't need to have the stink of relegation talk surrounding our club - especially at this point in the season. It can drain all the positivity out of the club. Focus on why other clubs are going to get relegated by all means and talk them into a downward spiral, but not us. Don't drag us into it.

Sure, we survived by two points last season, but I've seen Villa in the past follow equally wretched seasons by barnstorming the following seasons. The margins are fine and all it takes is a lucky win or fortunate goal to see whole seasons take off and catch fire. Keep the positivity and the support flowing and it will lift the players and help make it a great season, would be my view. Threads like this, on a Villa forum that is very widely read by both players and media alike, simply do not help us.

Of course you're allowed an opinion but an hysterical opinion will obviously arouse emotions and an equally passionate response. My view would be that we don't need to have the stink of relegation talk surrounding our club - especially at this point in the season. It can drain all the positivity out of the club. Focus on why other clubs are going to get relegated by all means and talk them into a downward spiral, but not us. Don't drag us into it.

Sure, we survived by two points last season, but I've seen Villa in the past follow equally wretched seasons by barnstorming the following seasons. The margins are fine and all it takes is a lucky win or fortunate goal to see whole seasons take off and catch fire. Keep the positivity and the support flowing and it will lift the players and help make it a great season, would be my view. Threads like this, on a Villa forum that is very widely read by both players and media alike, simply do not help us.

Fair enough. When you put it like that I apologise. I didn't expect such an emotional reaction by some.

Mods can I request that this thread be closed please?