Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Anything can happen in a season but I am convinced we will not get relegated. We will pick enough points up at home to stay up.

I predicted a loss at West Ham and I also said in the expectations thread that we would flirt with relegation for the season before staying up. Our team isn't really any better than last season (on paper it's actually worse) but the manager is. This gives me the confidence of my prediction. Can't see us picking up many points on the road so it's important our home form is good.

Need to sign a bit of quality before the end of the window, if RL isn't going to invest then he should be looking to sell up. What's the point having a billionaire owner if he won't spend any money, may as well be a poor owner.

Anything can happen in a season but I am convinced we will not get relegated. We will pick enough points up at home to stay up.

I predicted a loss at West Ham and I also said in the expectations thread that we would flirt with relegation for the season before staying up. Our team isn't really any better than last season (on paper it's actually worse) but the manager is. This gives me the confidence of my prediction. Can't see us picking up many points on the road so it's important our home form is good.

Need to sign a bit of quality before the end of the window, if RL isn't going to invest then he should be looking to sell up. What's the point having a billionaire owner if he won't spend any money, may as well be a poor owner.

I think we may have to get hutton/warnock off the books first

I love my club, just wish half the fans were normal and not in need of a check up from the neck up. Positivity is what's needed, if fans are positive and urging them on they'll believe they can win - I'm a massive believer in this.

I was so gutted yesterday, but now I've woke up am feeling more positive, yes the attacking intent was worrying, but at least we can keep the ball this season where as last we couldn't make a 10 yard pass. I've woke up feeling that perhaps lambert is waiting to see how we start for real before closing a couple of deals that he may be thinking are nice but not essential, hopefully he now sees they are essential.

Would love to see this thread locked, burnt and never resurrected .

I believe we should be positive and urging them on when we at the ground supporting the team. but surely we can express our feelings on a forum without being insulted by some fans?

He's expressing his opinion, and in no way does it seem insulting to anyone. All Villa fans are entitled to have a moan (and by eck, they don't half!).

I'm sorry, but I think they have good reason to moan.My understanding is that no one is moaning about Lambert, just moaning about the state the squad has got in to.

He has a lot of work to do.

Maybe the owner needs to get his confidence back in releasing money. After we have crashed and burnt so many signing in the past.

i suppose losing by one goal away from home but knocking it around nicely means that united are doomed as well does it? ;)

from my time in the holte end i knew we were a seriously negative bunch of weirdos in the main, but starting a relegation thread 90 minutes in to a long season, coupled with the other bits and bobs of undue criticism levelled at our own team i've seen on here has been a bit of a surprise. i watched us in the old second division too, some of you lot would commit suicide i'm sure just at the mere though of it...

anyway, chin up villans, i still reckon good things are going to come our way with PL in charge :D

UTV

We weren't playing Everton though were we. We were playing West Ham. Bit of a difference in qualty.
And there's a massive difference in quality between us and Man United.

Ah but, we have Lambert to take care of that gulf in quality Mantis since it is, according to you, nothing to do with the quality of player!

We weren't playing Everton though were we. We were playing West Ham. Bit of a difference in qualty.

Ah but, we have Lambert to take care of that gulf in quality Mantis since it is, according to you, nothing to do with the quality of player!

did you both miss the wink next to that statement?

i notice no-one took me up on the negative mardy arsed bunch of weirdos comment!! ahah.

regarding the quality of the player though, i doubt lambert could turn me into a prem level playmaker. that said, a very good manager can create a unit of players which is more than the sum of it's parts. it's what MON did here (even though he got ripped off for the parts) and i think PL will do it as well...

You're putting words into my mouth again. Don't know if you'd noticed but Man United also happen to have a very very good manager.

You completely missed my point which was that although Everton are a lot better than West Ham (thus losing to them might not appear as bad), Man United are better than us so it cancels it out.