Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Nice try Mantis but I think we both know I was referring to one of your previous posts in a previous debate.
Which was?

Mantis let it go mate. I've no inclination whatsoever to revisit one of our previous debates. Its got boring enough already.

Lightened up a bit. :)

Nice try Mantis but I think we both know I was referring to one of your previous posts in a previous debate.
Which was?

Mantis let it go mate. I've no inclination whatsoever to revisit one of our previous debates. Its got boring enough already.

Don't keep putting words into my mouth then. You've made a big deal about me supposedly doing it in the past I find it ironic that you're doing it now and then telling me to "let it go".

Which was?

Don't keep putting words into my mouth then. You've made a big deal about me supposedly doing it in the past I find it ironic that you're doing it now and then telling me to "let it go".

I think mate on reflection you'd be better to get a room with yourself.

Which was?

Feeling's mutual.

Mantis vs Morpheus

Coming to an arena near you!!

Its like Stalin vs. Trotsky

More like Thatch v Howe. ;-)

Ha ha. That made me think of the famous Denis Healey comment that being attacked by Geoffrey Howe was like being savaged by a dead sheep. :)

[bTW, if we beat Everton 3-0 by with about 35% possession with only three successful counterattacking moves all match, how much would that change people's attitudes?]

I was at the game and too be honest both teams were a bit rubbish but I have seen enough football and AVFC in my life to know there is nothing to be worried about, in fact I was pleased with how we started. Changing from the previous style of play to a visually appealing and effective type of football will take time, we might get results like this for a few more games yet. Changing the style from A to B in our situation is the equivalent of going from playing heads and tails with a quid to learning chess. Takes time, if people don't like what they could see on Saturday, don't fín well watch it then or get a grip one of the 2. I drove from Amsterdam to London and back in a day to watch the Villa, I loved it. 'New players, new hopes and all that. I suppose though, the relegation threads on the Man Utd / Liverpool sites are just the same eh OP ?

if we beat Everton comfortably how much would that change peoples' mentalities?

I think it will be the performance more than anything else. If we create one chance and score and then got bombarded by Everton who miss chance after chance then there would still be a concern.

It would be good to see us create a lot of chances on Saturday. A full house at Villa Park will hopefully be rocking and if the players can respond to this it will give fans a lot of confidence that we should be ok at home this season.

For me the biggest worry with the West Ham wasn't the result but the lack of chances we created. West Ham seemed to ease too victory.

If we can beat Everton 3-0 and Everton beat ManUtd 1-0, then logic would suggest we would beat ManUtd 4-0 :)

I reckon logically it multiplies so we'd beat ManUnited 9-0

Because 3 x 1 = 9 ?

If we can beat Everton 3-0 and Everton beat ManUtd 1-0, then logic would suggest we would beat ManUtd 4-0 :)

Would that also mean West Ham will beat Utd 5-0? :winkold:

:lol::lol::lol: ... ... ... :shock: ... ... ... :?

Which was?

Feeling's mutual.

Was expecting the 'ironic' comment again but like a good lover ya surprised me babe. :lol:

if we beat Everton comfortably how much would that change peoples' mentalities?

I think it will be the performance more than anything else. If we create one chance and score and then got bombarded by Everton who miss chance after chance then there would still be a concern.

It would be good to see us create a lot of chances on Saturday. A full house at Villa Park will hopefully be rocking and if the players can respond to this it will give fans a lot of confidence that we should be ok at home this season.

For me the biggest worry with the West Ham wasn't the result but the lack of chances we created. West Ham seemed to ease too victory.

bent must have a strike partner. if all we can muster is vlaar taking pot shots from 30 yards again i will be worried.

If Lambert starts with one upfront and baker at left back again i will be outraged