Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Pointless

You and the captain of the titanic have a lot in common,your both in denial!

We lost 1-0 to West Ham on the opening day of the season with two weeks of the transfer window left, a further month long transfer window in January and 37 remaining league games left but because I'm not talking about relegation it means I'm in denial???

There are some proper clowns on VT. Congratulations, you are included!

A lot of delusion around here. This is the worst Villa squad I can remember since the mid 80s and if Lerner doesn't do anything about it relegation is a strong possibility. The selling of our top players, replacing them with inferior ones and an ever reliance on our constantly overrated youth team graduates has plunged our club into a downward spiral. Relegation IS a possibility with this squad.

Wake up and smell the coffee, Villa fans!

I didn't expect to beat the Spam. A draw would've been good. Woke up in time to see last twenty minutes and we were dreck. 6 times a defender and keeper played it between remarks before hoof. That's not possession football. It's no clue bullshit. Hope Lambert turns it around But our squad is lacking

First game in, with a new manager.

4 guys on Debut (Vlaar, Lowton, Holman, KEA)

4 other guys with limited PL experience (Clark, Baker, Wiemann and, arguably, Delph)

Despite this, what I saw was a team attempting to play football - and succeeding (admittedly, only in parts). We are already better off than last season and we didn't get relegated then either.

So is relegation possible? Yes.

Is it likely? On yesterdays performance, I would say no.

Should we be worried about it at this stage? Not a bit.

Liverpool lost 3-0 just as a reminder & they won't get relegated,it is the first game of the season,changes to the squad will have to be made now & maybe in January the Board know it just as we all know it.

If there are no signings made in the next 2 transfer windows & we in the bottom 3 in December then lets discuss it then,for now close the thread.

Our squad is quite poor yes, but even if we dont sign one player this whole season, I still doubt we'd get relegated. Our younger players would slowly get the hang of things and we'd start picking up points. Just look at the XI we fielded yesterday and see how much inexperience there was. I am sure we will still sign a couple of good players.

I love my club, just wish half the fans were normal and not in need of a check up from the neck up. Positivity is what's needed, if fans are positive and urging them on they'll believe they can win - I'm a massive believer in this.

I was so gutted yesterday, but now I've woke up am feeling more positive, yes the attacking intent was worrying, but at least we can keep the ball this season where as last we couldn't make a 10 yard pass. I've woke up feeling that perhaps lambert is waiting to see how we start for real before closing a couple of deals that he may be thinking are nice but not essential, hopefully he now sees they are essential.

Would love to see this thread locked, burnt and never resurrected ????.

I believe we should be positive and urging them on when we at the ground supporting the team. but surely we can express our feelings on a forum without being insulted by some fans?

Might as well start a thread entitled "Top 6", because us finishing top 6 is just as about as likely as being relegated, if not more so.

Ssy whaaaaattt???? Based on what exactly?

We didn't get relegated last season, despite having one of the worst managers in Premier League history, a terrible injury crisis and a worse squad (and we're likely to add more). If we didn't go down then we won't go down with Lambert who managed to take a side that lacked quality much more than ourselves to 12th place. On paper our squad isn't bottom 5 quality, and since we have a manager that's at the very least above average It's clear that we'll be absolutely fine.

Not saying top 6 is likely, just that relegation is unlikely and this thread is pretty reactionary.

Might as well start a thread entitled "Top 6", because us finishing top 6 is just as about as likely as being relegated, if not more so.

I think there is a very slim chance of us getting relegated but there is absolutely no chance, in our current state, of finishing in the top 6.

Lambert knows what to do,I think that the Board will back him sensibly in the market.

Mate, if you haven't heard, it's already been confirmed, Lambert will be backed "and some" ;-)

I think there is a very slim chance of us getting relegated but there is absolutely no chance, in our current state, of finishing in the top 6.

I think the chances are about equal.

I don't think it's even worth looking at the table until after 6 games, so coming up

Everton (h)

Newcastle (a)

Swansea (h)

Southampton (a)

WBA (h)

Hopefully 4 wins out of 5 there