Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

Really? Not at the end of this transfer window, or half a dozen games or at least Christmas, you want to bring up relegation after barely 90 minutes of football? Jesus Christ in heaven give me **** strength........

Might as well start a thread entitled "Top 6", because us finishing top 6 is just as about as likely as being relegated, if not more so.

I think there is a very slim chance of us getting relegated but there is absolutely no chance, in our current state, of finishing in the top 6.

I think the chances are about equal.

I'd say relegation is more likely than top 6 but I don't think we will finish in either position.

We will be about 12-14th with this squad I recon.

Might as well start a thread entitled "Top 6", because us finishing top 6 is just as about as likely as being relegated, if not more so.

I think there is a very slim chance of us getting relegated but there is absolutely no chance, in our current state, of finishing in the top 6.

I think the chances are about equal.

I'd say relegation is more likely than top 6 but I don't think we will finish in either position.

We will be about 12-14th with this squad I recon.

12th-16th I'd say... that top 6 remark was ridiculous :lol:

I love my club, just wish half the fans were normal and not in need of a check up from the neck up. Positivity is what's needed, if fans are positive and urging them on they'll believe they can win - I'm a massive believer in this.

I was so gutted yesterday, but now I've woke up am feeling more positive, yes the attacking intent was worrying, but at least we can keep the ball this season where as last we couldn't make a 10 yard pass. I've woke up feeling that perhaps lambert is waiting to see how we start for real before closing a couple of deals that he may be thinking are nice but not essential, hopefully he now sees they are essential.

Would love to see this thread locked, burnt and never resurrected ????.

I believe we should be positive and urging them on when we at the ground supporting the team. but surely we can express our feelings on a forum without being insulted by some fans?

He's expressing his opinion, and in no way does it seem insulting to anyone. All Villa fans are entitled to have a moan (and by eck, they don't half!).

I'm starting this now because I can't find the old one. We are still shit and Lambert is not a miracle worker. I still believe it is a possibility we can go down and this is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game it's from looking at our squad and the serious lack of quality.

Mods close this thread if you must and I sincerely I hope I am made to shove it up my ass in a few weeks time. But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

Based on squads if we dont sign at least another 5 players before the window shuts then its us,norwich,wigan,reading and southampton who will be in the mix and possibly west ham although big sam is looking to bring in another 4 players.

Certainly a team that starts with lowton,baker,clark,delph and holman that brings on bannan,gardner and wiemann when chasing a game is not going to get you very far up the league at all.

With two pundits in recent days saying we'll be relegated, it's a question worth asking even if you think it's ridiculous.

West Brom went down because they played tippy tippy football with no end product. Once again Villa have failed to live up to their own hype and talk which is nobodies fault but their own - they are the ones hyping up the idea of attacking football - and then didn't create one single decent scoring chance.

We have too many players with either question marks hanging over their heads or are not good enough to be in the premier league. There is also the question about whether too much is being changed too soon when it comes to footballing philosophy. And sadly, football is about money these days and when you only spend £8million in a summer after you finished two points from relegation, you are going to find life even tougher.

There is a reason why teams play a direct style, it reaps quicker rewards and is generally more solid. Many of us wanted rid of McLeish for playing this way, we wanted something different, a new style. It's better in the long run but takes longer to implement (certainly more than 1 match).

Anyone who Swansea at our place last season witnessed the way football should be played.

Without bringing in better players then I think its a possibility, that might sound negative even daft to some but we are so weak I just can't think of a team we can beat.

It's early days and there is still enough time to sign the right players but is there money to spend?

PL will have to be a miracle worker to make this squad of players finish in the top half, we will have more possession playing this way but if it's in our own half, back pass after back pass as it was yesterday then it's a useless stat.

I guess on reflection maybe the defence was better than I expected and both Lowton and Vlaar did reasonably well but I thought KEA, N'Zogbia, Ireland and Holman we utter shite. Bent was AWOL but with that midfield without any width or through balls what chance does he have.

The only player in the middle how seemed to want to go forward was Delph, he was just about acceptable. None of the subs got into the game.

This could be dismissed as "just on of those days" but we have seen this for far to long now and if PL, RL thinks buying players from the Dutch league and from the lower divisions while mixing them with our home grown players is a recipe for success then they are deluded.

It will get us relegated.