Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

For the last 2 years we've gone into the 37th game of the season not 100% safe.

The three promoted teams have spent some money and QPR the only team we finished above still in the prem have improved their team.

We seem to have improved our defence but without improving our attacking options I don't see how we won't be down there yet again.

The three promoted teams have spent some money and QPR the only team we finished above still in the prem have improved their team.

We seem to have improved our defence but without improving our attacking options I don't see how we won't be down there yet again.

Better manager. I know you couldn't rate either Houllier or McLeish any lower and also rate Lambert very highly (as do I).

Better manager. I know you couldn't rate either Houllier or McLeish any lower and also rate Lambert very highly (as do I).

I agree Lambert is better than those two clowns. I think he'll improve lots of areas of the team, I'm just unsure if he alone is enough to get us scoring the goals we'll need to stay well clear.

I agree Lambert is better than those two clowns. I think he'll improve lots of areas of the team, I'm just unsure if he alone is enough to get us scoring the goals we'll need to stay well clear.

Well if McLeish can keep us up with a worse squad, why can't a much much better manager in Lambert keep us easily away from relegation?

Well if McLeish can keep us up with a worse squad, why can't a much much better manager in Lambert keep us easily away from relegation?

Logically he should but since when has football ever been that simple? I'm just thinking of comparisons of this seasons squad and last seasons and the loan signing of Keane sprang to mind. His contribution turned out to be crucial!

Logically he should but since when has football ever been that simple? I'm just thinking of comparisons of this seasons squad and last seasons and the loan signing of Keane sprang to mind. His contribution turned out to be crucial!

The squad has imrpoved since then, albeit not by a great deal.

Surely this thinking only works if everything is the same as last year.

3 new teams have entered the league, teams are spending money, squads are changing and some teams have new managers.

Lambert will do better than mcleish but theres no reason why other teams might not improve as well, and some more than we currently think.

I think it's too early to say if it has or not.

That's arguable. We've replaced a lot of experience with a lot of untested (Premiership) players. I'd say, as it stands, that we're a little weaker actually.

Lowton, Clark, Baker, Weimann and Gardner look like they'll be playing a bit and have relatively little first team experience - never mind Premiership.

If Dunne, Hutton and Warnock go I strongly believe we need a few Premiership experienced players in to replace them.

I was wondering where we'd rank in the Premiership based on number of Premiership appearances of a starting XI on the first day of this season. I'd wager it'd be amongst lowest in Premiership - maybe beating likes on Southampton and Reading alone? Given, Ireland, N'Zogbia and Bent the only ones with over 20 starts I'm guessing!

I'm not quite panicking yet, but we do need some decent investment before September 1st.