Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I can see two wins and two draws from the last 4 games.

I see us beating Sunderland tonight. The DiCanio "revival" was a win in a local derby against Newcastle, a completely woeful Newcastle and a win against an "on the beach" Everton. One side is woeful, the other have had nothing to play for for weeks. We have home advantage, I see us winning, it's the first time they'll come up against a team that actually cares

Norwich away - I see us winning this one too, they are on the slide and we won there 4-1 in the cup QF, we're looking a better side than then, they are looking worse. I think we have the measure of them now (at the start of the season they were the better side)

Chelsea at home, I've gone for a draw but I can realistically see us actually winning too. This is Chelsea's least important fixture in an 11 day period assuming they qualify for the EL final on May 15th. 6 days before its Man Utd away, 3 days before Its Spurs at Home, two tough games that will probably shape their approach to the game and tire them at the business end of the season, no matter what, if they go through against Basle (likely) they will also have one eye on a European final which despite its second string appeal will mean something to Benitez at least, its his only chance to not be a failure and being the type of manager he is, I'd expect him to rest players in our game too.

Wigan away. Draw. I suspect WIgan may need a point from this game and we'll already be safe, typical end of season draw.

I might be mad but that is how I see our run in

Totally disagree.  When Everton played Sunderland they were in with a good chance of Champions league football so to say they were on the beach is 100% wrong.  Also no matter how bad Newcastle are, an away Derby match is always difficult.

Still disagree?

• Like 1

Well that was just spectacular!

Good display from the entire team but Sylla and especially Lowton were brilliant. Benteke always is so no surprise there.

It would be a cruel joke is a team doing such a great performance in such an important game this late in the season is relegated.

Momentum an confidence is everything at this stage and we just got it while at the same time robbed Sunderland of it.

Massive win! 

We need to go for the win now at Norwich they can't create many chances we can we are much much better now than when the came to villa park. Remember chelsea is next after that for us we need a good result at Norwich and I think we're up

We need to go for the win now at Norwich they can't create many chances we can we are much much better now than when the came to villa park. Remember chelsea is next after that for us we need a good result at Norwich and I think we're up

I want Wigan to go down. Whelan was a prat over the approach for Martinez and they both deserve each other - in leave one!

Yeah me too, sh1t football club who dont deserve to be in prem. Their 9 lives are running out

If we beat Norwich we will be two points clear of the Canaries and at least even on GD.

If we beat them we'll be ahead of them on GD as it's currently 1 goal in their favour. a one goal win means a 2 goal swing

I want Villa and Wigan to survive. How funny would it be for a North East side to go down now. Epic. Please happen. If Wigan have to go down for us to survive, fine, but if not, that'd be hilarious.

So confident we'll beat Norwich now.

It's no longer a game we HAVE to win.

It's now a game that if we DO win, we're safe.

it's turned from a huge punishment if we lose, to a huge reward if we win. Hopefully this is motivating as opposed to pressurising.