Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

No need to panic just yet. Sunderland should get raped next week whereas we travel to out of form Stoke. It's frustrating that 3 wins in 6 games and we are still in the relegation zone though.

It's one from Villa, Sunderland, Norwich or Stoke.

Next game is massive.

I think inexperience will cost us.

Sunderland, Norwich and Stoke all have experienced players.. might not be the most talented but most have probably been in a relegation scenario before.

I expected us to lose this but I was a bit unnerved by our dreadful second half performance. If we played like we did in the first half all game but still lost I'd probably say we'll stay up but I'm not so sure now.

Shitty weekend but the bookies' odds still give us 61% chance of staying up which is much better than before these last 3 games. I don't think appointing Di Canio or whoever is going to keep Sunderland up. O'Neill's legacy is a squad of players who can't play any other way than his.

The magic number is 3 folks. 3 wins and we're okay. I can see Sunderland. Then have to pull a result against Stoke, Norwich, or Fulham. I don't think we deal with stoke's physicality well so write that off.

Then we HAVE to win against Wigan. It's going to come down to the last day

Thats it now. Done and dusted as far as I can see. Played like that for too long now to expect anything else to change . How on earth a premiership manager can expect survival without a couple of new experienced players is beyond me.

No leaders still, and still making the same mistakes, and still only playing for half a match.Roll on the end of the season and finish this torture

Were done for IMO

the way I see the last few games

Reading - Poor Side - Villa Victory

QPR - Poor side - Villa Victory 

Liverpool - Average Side - Villa loss

Our next fixtures 

Stoke - Average Side

Fulham - Average Side

Our only only hope now is another side imploding - can see us ending on about 35 points

And right now - I would take going to wigan away still in with a chance of staying up.

Worrying thing today was that liverpool weren't great.

Edited by smetrov

I don't think we will get relegated because

a) Lerner would have no choice but to pump money in at January regardless if we were in with a chance of relegation. He's not stupid, relegation would not be in his plan, whatever it is.

B) Lamberts too good

c) Wehave Given, Vlaar and Bent, none of the teams in the relegation battle have anywhere near this quality in any of their individuals

Oh how naive I was at the start of the season.

Nonetheless, we can do it, come on boys

Too many over-reactions in here.

Nothing has changed in my mind after todays performance. I expect nil points, we got nil points and if anything I will take comfort from the excellent half an hour we played today.

I'm confident we will beat Stoke. They are exactly the sort of team we need to be playing next to get over this.

• Like 1

Only 7 games left and you can discount the Utd and Chelsea games so we have 450 mins to save our PL status.

I can't see us doing it . I can see us losing at stoke and then we are in a total pressure cooker with inexperienced players .

Very very worried .