Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Villa staying up is, of course, of paramount importance. MON going down with Sunderland would be the icing on the cake.

I have no particular hatred of Sunderland but they are just the unfortunate employers of the prick who spent all of our money and then **** off!

I think tommorow is a must not loose game. A draw would be ok - a defeat and I would fear for us - I know mathematically we are only in the bottom 3 on GD - But there are only 7 games left - the 'other clubs getting dragged into it' - well bar Sunderland I don't really see anyone else - and the sunderland decline is negated by the wigan surge.

We really need a win tommorow -

Just noticed that, with the exception of Wigan v Norwich and Swansea v Spurs, all games this weekend are bottom 10 v top 10. A tough weekend for all clubs in the relegation-threatened zone and a bit of a bummer that Wigan have a comparatively easy game. Norwich are useless away from home as well - 10 points from 15 games and only 12 goals. Best hope is for a draw.

>How long would your orgasm last if we went down with them?

We need to be concentrating on our own prospects of survival in this thread,. Silly stuff about rejoicing over other clubs going down is properly done in the "other football" threads (although actually I think celebrating the relegation of any club - with the obvious exception of SHA - is in poor t

aste).

Slightly contradictory Mr Briny?

I don't for a second agree with your notion that the relegation thread shouldn't include teams around us that could be relegated instead of us... a nutty theory IMO.

You've missed the point of course.

It would be an odd relegation thread that didn't assess the relative performance of our rivals - and that now definitely includes Sunderland. We've got to be not so crap as three of them to survive so of course we will be monitoring closely how all the teams in range are doing.

That is very different from people saying how much they want a particular club to go down, especially if it is in fact just an outburst of the old obsessive MON hatred which eventually infects every thread on this site. I don't care who goes down as long as it's not us. I'd be perfectly happy if Newcastle went down and Sunderland stayed up as long as we weren't in the bottom 3. I'd be equally happy if it was Sunderland who went down as long as we didn't. Or Wigan or Norwich or Southampton

But I suspect some posters have lost sight of the main issue and have just fallen to indulging their usual obsession with MON and that is very boring.

Missed the point "of course", or have you changed your story? The other day you were only interested in conversations about Villa, as below.

The fact is every conversation in here has always been about Villa or one of our relegation rivals yet you have only taken exception when people rightly started mentioning Sunderland.

Well, every other thread ends up being about MON so I suppose it was inevitable the relegation thread would.

However, the issue is really whether we will get relegated, not which other clubs will.

Wouldn't be much of a triumph if the clubs going down were us, Reading and Sunderland, for example, would it?

I fully agree with Mantis below - never a truer word spoken.

It's amazing how certain posters have no problem with people taking delight in QPR and Redknapp's misfortune but apparently it's not ok to do the same with Sunderland and O'Neill?

Shit results for us today.

Need a win tomorrow to attempt to compete.

Must not lose.

It just depends on which Liverpool turn up, they seem to be awesome one week and dire the next.

**** off Chelsea you utter rocket polishers

Doesn't bode well then as Liverpool were awful against Saints in their last game

Not sure why people are slagging off Chelsea, Southampton have been quality this season at home, already beaten City and Liverpool and now Chelsea today. With Everton's victory tonight its going be a very interesting last seven weeks, with most of the teams 12th and below placing each other starting next week with Reading vs. Southampton, Stoke vs. Villa and QPR vs. Wigan.

Not sure why people are slagging off Chelsea, Southampton have been quality this season at home, already beaten City and Liverpool and now Chelsea today. With Everton's victory tonight its going be a very interesting last seven weeks, with most of the teams 12th and below placing each other starting next week with Reading vs. Southampton, Stoke vs. Villa and QPR vs. Wigan.

Agree that Southampton have been quality at home but my main issue is with Rafa - not playing Hazard when Mata is already out..

Taking off Oscar and bringing Benayoun on when they are losing 2-1...

These things contributed to it and had Hazard played from the start imo it would've been different as he was quality when he came on.

For me he just wants to win a cup and doesn't care about top 4 because he is gone at the end of the season and on his CV winning silverware will shine more than top 4.

We're in the bottom 3, yet only 6 points off 10th place. Things are about to get interesting.

Yes - but the probability of us getting those six points - whilst all the other teams get zero- brings a touch of realism to that stat.

We only have to win 3 games - and we will be safe - however for most of the season winning on a regular basis has proved difficult. We are in the bottom 3 for a reason......we don't win that many games - you tend to finish the season where you have spent most of it - for us thats in or near the relegation zone.

Agree not playing Hazard when Mata is being rested is madness, Moses and Marin aren't near Hazard's ability, but Oscar did **** all during the game so was replaced. Think Southampton have the quality e.g. Ramirez, Lambert, Shaw etc to stay up anyways, its Sunderland, QPR and Reading down for me.

Edited by Avflife

We're in the bottom 3, yet only 6 points off 10th place. Things are about to get interesting.

Yes - but the probability of us getting those six points - whilst all the other teams get zero- brings a touch of realism to that stat.

We only have to win 3 games - and we will be safe - however for most of the season winning on a regular basis has proved difficult. We are in the bottom 3 for a reason......we don't win that many games - you tend to finish the season where you have spent most of it - for us thats in or near the relegation zone.

I don't mean that we will finish 10th, I mean that there is 6 points between us and 10th place, which in turn means the relegation scrap has opened up to some unlikely new contenders.

Missed the point "of course", or have you changed your story? The other day you were only interested in conversations about Villa, as below.

The fact is every conversation in here has always been about Villa or one of our relegation rivals yet you have only taken exception when people rightly started mentioning Sunderland.

No, take it from me, you have missed the point.

Talking about Villa's relegation peril in relation to the other clubs is obviously necessary.

Talking about having an orgasm if Sunderland get relegated is a manifestation of the the usual juvenile obsession with MON (the same point applies to Redknapp, BTW). You haven't answered my question about if your orgasm would be as pleasurable if we went down with Sunderland, but I'm guessing not.

I don't think I can put this point any more clearly and I'm not going to get into a Mantis/Morpheus epic with you, so conversation closed, points made on either side, etc.

Talking about Villa's relegation peril in relation to the other clubs is obviously necessary.

Talking about having an orgasm if Sunderland get relegated is a manifestation of the the usual juvenile obsession with MON (the same point applies to Redknapp, BTW). You haven't answered my question about if your orgasm would be as pleasurable if we went down with Sunderland, but I'm guessing not.

I don't think I can put this point any more clearly and I'm not going to get into a Mantis/Morpheus epic with you, so conversation closed, points made on either side, etc.

I would have a wank if MON got relegated with Sunderland, after he crippled Villa buying wank players on such high wages e.g. Beye, Harewood and Collins then decided to leave 5 days before the new season, lepricorn with pubes on his head 

Juvenile obsession? Or maybe some people just want to see a manager that did so much damage to us go down?

Pretty sad that we're not allowed to dislike certain managers without being accused of having a "juvenile obsession".

Edited by Mantis

I don't mean that we will finish 10th, I mean that there is 6 points between us and 10th place, which in turn means the relegation scrap has opened up to some unlikely new contenders.

I know what you mean - I just disagree. Fulham and west ham are 10th and 11th with 36 points. probably 39 would see either club safe - so what you are saying is that in the 8 or 9 games these clubs have left - you foresee a scenario where they don't muster a measly 3 points ?  - think about how unlikely that is.

in all probability the 3 relegated clubs will come from Sunderland downwards.

Edited by smetrov

Edit:

I just wrote a long response, but you know what, we can agree to disagree... we are disputing an irrelevant point that doesn't matter.

I agree that we should be supporting Villa more than we should be celebrating other teams getting relegated. However ultimately it is impossible to be emotional and politically correct at the same time and being the emotional game that football is, fans are always going to celebrate if and when either QPR or Sunderand go down.

Here's to Villa staying up.  :thumb:  :cheers:

snapback.png

Edited by VillaLi0n

Well Sunderland have sacked MON so it'll get interesting now

have they?

Wins Sunderland and Fulham

Draws Liverpool stoke Norwich and Wigan

Defeats Man U Chelsea

No relegation

can't see us losing only 2 more matches this season.