609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Relegation trends

Playing pretty football with no end product- Tick

Getting lots of bad refereeing decisions going against you- Tick

People saying if we play like that every week we will be OK (in the aftermath of another defeat)-Tick

Manager saying we have 10, 9 8 7 Cup Finals. - Tick

Complete absence of leadership to be found any where in the club, player, manager, owner. - Tick

Lose at Reading and we are Down-?

we really could do with at least 12 points till the end of the season

but lets face it, with a defense of lowton, baker, clark and bennett, that just isnt going to happen, worst defense ever, even solihull borough would walk all over us

The defence is poor no doubt but still not the weakest area for me. With a midfield so inept at keeping the ball, there is no doubt the defence comes under so much pressure.

I think it's a combination of the two.

Poor defence particularly the full backs and centre backs coupled with a powder puff weak midfield . We always needed a reinforcer in there, a Stephen Nzonzi type , how lambert missed that baffles me.

To be honest I fear the worst, both these teams have players who can take you apart, we dont. we just have to pray lady luck is on our side.

Who at Reading is capable of taking a team apart? And we don't have anyone?

As Mark has posted we're not dead and buried.

To be honest I fear the worst, both these teams have players who can take you apart.

Nonsense. What REading player is going to take you apart or QPR for that matter. Adam Le Fondre? Loic Remy? Give me a break. We are playing the only two sides in the league worse than us. No excuses, no bullshit. It's 6 points or relegation, plain and simple.

Having lost 3-0 at home to Wigan, 1-0 at home to Southampton (4-1 in the away fixture) I'm a bit concerned about our next 2 games. Barring the 1-0 Reading home game we don't really seem to raise our game against teams around us. Based on how we defend we will need to score at least 2 goals in each of those games just to get a point.

Shocking that the club has been so poorly run at all levels for the past 3 seasons that we are now facing relegation as a serious threat.

I wouldn't say it is shocking per se... As you indicated, we've been spiralling now for several seasons, with a managerial merry-go-round to rival that of Newcastle's a few years back. And even Chelsea's... I feel the word 'scandalous' is more appropriate given the overall resources of the club. In the middle ground, 'thoroughly disappointed' would be sitting on the fence. For me, it's scandalous.

On the bereavement curve, I have been through anger and denial. I am now at acceptance - one sure way to make sure I am not seen crying on the last day of the season when Kirsty Gallagher does her best 'sympathetic little girl pout' on Sky Sports News showing dejected Villa fans in the stands of the DW Stadium.

Shrugged my shoulders upon leaving the ground on 60 minutes against Wigan. That after I punched a wall.

no technical ability to mix it in the top half and no muscle to mix it in the bottom half

spells disaster.

The top teams at least do let you play

The bottom teams don't they out muscle you.

in all honesty I think Reading and QPR are licking their lips at the prospect of playing us, whereas we are all shitting it. This squad and manager haven't handled the pressure games all season. Recipe for disaster.

The game we won earlier in the season vs. Reading was dire, awful display and very fortunate to nick a goal. Getting sick of Lambert saying week in week out if we play like this, we'll win more games than not. LOL we have won 5/28 all season!!!!

We have a good record against Reading, and we play better away from home. Gonna have to hope we pull something out the bag, a little 2-1 will do nicely. 90th min winner.

in all honesty I think Reading and QPR are licking their lips at the prospect of playing us, whereas we are all shitting it. This squad and manager haven't handled the pressure games all season. Recipe for disaster.

Having looked at at couple of Reading forums, that simply isn't the case, or isn't with the Reading fans. Most are convinced that Benteke, Weimann and N'Zogbia are going to tear them to shreads.

Was going through the possable away venues next season with my lads, and to be honest, the championship could be a shindig!

Well, at least YOU have something to look forward to.

Terrible aint it!

Other than just give up, or starting to go non-league next term, im just stuck at what else to do.