Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I honestly believe the next 2 games will be massively important for us.  Many are not expecting much from either games.  However we have some confidence and we have not lost many games this calendar year.  We are scoring goals.  If we worry too much about the games to come rather than the next two then we run the risk of losing momentum and losing confidence.  If we get one win from the next two games then I would not be surprised to see us go on a mini run and be safe well before the Norwich game comes round.  

Are you some sort of Guardian Angel or are you upset that I didn't give you any shit previously?

If you think I am giving trekka the third degree then god knows what definition you would give to a post that actually was meant as something other than light banter (did you not notice the smiley in my first post?).

I have plenty of better things to do with my life including not jumping on posts that were nothing to do with me in the first place.

I thought in this instance you came across as condescending and a bully. In fact, you're doing the same above.

Regardless you're right. It's only yourself you're succeeding in making look a knob. All the best with that.

Read my last post again as everything I said applies again.

I honestly believe the next 2 games will be massively important for us.  Many are not expecting much from either games.  However we have some confidence and we have not lost many games this calendar year.  We are scoring goals.  If we worry too much about the games to come rather than the next two then we run the risk of losing momentum and losing confidence.  If we get one win from the next two games then I would not be surprised to see us go on a mini run and be safe well before the Norwich game comes round.  

taking points off the top teams are what those around us have done,

in january we took 2 points from these fixtures

swansea

southampton

west brom

newcastle

the same month southampton collected 6 points from

villa

everton

arsenal

chelsea

man utd

and reading got 7 points from

west brom

newcastle

chelsea

spurs

ideally 2 draws or even an unlikey win in the next 2 games, wigan won at the emiritets last season, west brom the year before, and we have won and comes away with points from the before. 

I remember Woodytom having a "go" at me a few weeks back for being so negative about our chances. At the time we were out of the relegation zone but we weren't playing well at all. Playing better since we have dropped back in, then pulled ourselves back out again. Now I see his point...

No matter how well or badly we're playing at any given time it's the results that count, putting points on the board. I'm not sure how big the gap was post Anfield, perhaps 5 points? But it's reasonably astonishing that as bad as we have been for almost a quarter of a season now we're still not cut adrift. In fact as things stand, season ending tomorrow, we're safe. We have to take that as a positive or at least THEY (the team) have to take that as a positive. I can't see us being that downright shit going forward, another spate of injuries aside. 

I quite like our chances right now. I'd say they're better than 50/50 considering recent-ish league form (Baggies game forward) and the fact we have broken the winless streak. 

• Like 1

Its very easy for us to go out against Arsenal and give it our all with no fear or nerves, something that's affected us over many of the games we have lost, the must wins.....

Many of these games are won and lost in the players heads before they even get out on the pitch, experiences, like the ground out win against West Ham, should help them, it may well be to little to late but at least we have given ourselves a chance. UTV

• Like 1

Its very easy for us to go out against Arsenal and give it our all with no fear or nerves, something that's affected us over many of the games we have lost, the must wins.....

Many of these games are won and lost in the players heads before they even get out on the pitch, experiences, like the ground out win against West Ham, should help them, it may well be to little to late but at least we have given ourselves a chance. UTV

Indeed. The 8-0 for example there was a certain amount of expectation on the players off the back of going to Anfield and coming home with 3 points. We were in a run of good form generally as well and I think they felt the weight. An early goal and we just crumbled and haven't properly put ourselves back together again since. 

We were unlucky against Arsenal last time out, that was off the back of a 5-0 drubbing by City. Maybe with a bit less expectation we can be a little luckier this time? We shall see. 

I remember Woodytom having a "go" at me a few weeks back for being so negative about our chances. At the time we were out of the relegation zone but we weren't playing well at all. Playing better since we have dropped back in, then pulled ourselves back out again. Now I see his point...

No matter how well or badly we're playing at any given time it's the results that count, putting points on the board. I'm not sure how big the gap was post Anfield, perhaps 5 points? But it's reasonably astonishing that as bad as we have been for almost a quarter of a season now we're still not cut adrift. In fact as things stand, season ending tomorrow, we're safe. We have to take that as a positive or at least THEY (the team) have to take that as a positive. I can't see us being that downright shit going forward, another spate of injuries aside. 

I quite like our chances right now. I'd say they're better than 50/50 considering recent-ish league form (Baggies game forward) and the fact we have broken the winless streak. 

Im not so sure 'having a go' is the right words. There is no doubt that Wigan, Reading and QPR have been better than us since the turn of the year - yet we are still above them. Im still clinging to this thought, with the belief we have to improve. And having watched on Sunday - We still have a lot of improving to do.

Avoiding the drop is going to be a huge task and I'm just not sure we are up to it.

West Ham were awful and we still found it extremely tough going. The win was in part down to fat Sam's ridiculous decision to send his teams out to simply contain us in the 1st half. Had they got at us early it would have been a different game IMO.

We might get something out of the blue in the next couple of games, which in turn might give the side another shot of confidence to go on a bit of a run.

If we don't then I think we are goners. Two defeats would undo any small improvement in confidence gained from the weekend. Reading and QPR will smell blood and you can be certain neither HR or BMcD will send their teams out to sit back and defend against us.

Reading have been miles better than us since January 1, but Wigan have gained less points than us, and QPR have gained 1 more point than us...

In the last six games; Stoke, Norwich, Wigan West Ham & West Brom have been worse than us. Sunderland, QPR & Newcastle have been 1 point better than us.

The most surprising thing about that table is Chelsea 2nd. I thought they were on a slightly bad run.......obviously not.

This surprised me too looking at that table. Seems like they have dropped points against all our rivals of late.

am sure in last 9 games they have dropped points to QPR, Reading, Southampton and Newcastle. BOF out :P

Lose the next two and it'll be time to call the priest in before they switch the machine off.

I think the two after are more important - if we can get anything out of the next two games, it'll be seen as a bonus given their difficulty. 

We are the same team with the same abilities but now playing in a system the players are more accustomed to. We have also addressed that horrid weakness at LB and Baker, barring further injury should play there for the rest of the season. It is also no surprise that N'Zogbia playing in his preferred position has now become the player we paid 10m for.

I have previously stated that if Lambert changed his preferred system then we would stay up. I have seen nothing over our most recent games to suggest otherwise due to teams below halfway in the table being no worse than ourselves.

Lambert for two thirds of the season was playing the wrong system and he alone is to blame for where we are at the moment.

Just think where we would have been if we'd being playing the system we are now from the start of the season?  :angry:

Edited by Morpheus

What we can't afford is another demoralising hammering at the Emitates next time out. The players need to be 110% or that's exactly what they'll get. Stand off arsenal and allow them to play and they will create chance after chance.

Guess this coming game will define Lambert a whole lot. He is still young and learning, but some games this season have been inept due to his tactical wrongdoings. We need to do what WBA did against Liverpool, just frustrate them and sustain the pressure before holding out for a 0-0 or even snatch a win. We can be great on the counter with N'Zogbia and Benteke, but if we stay too high on the pitch they will score 6 or 7. Thinking of it, I cannot see how we will avoid letting in at least 3 goals against Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott and Podolski, with Giroud lurking around as well.