Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

It's as simple as this play like we did against everton we will win and have slim hope of staying up

Play like we did against Newcastle in first half at home and draw or lose we have no hope of staying up. Anyone saying arsenal and city won't rip us to smithereens is dreaming

No one gave us a hope of going to Everton and getting something, they've been slighty better than Arsenal this season. So, you never know.

Think we need to target 4 points from our next 3 fixtures.

Arsenal is so hard to predict. They can play like utter shit or play entertaining football. Watched a lot of their games this season and you never know how good they will be. Still, I don`t have high hopes for that one, and city...well we need to be lucky lol.

We need that west ham win bad, and if we can get a draw after that, it would look better. Match day is coming closer....

I have left my vote unchanged as I have not been impressed with our defending impetus over the last few months.

Well of course.

About a month ago we had neither. One of the two main facets of the game has clicked into place for us since I originally changed my vote. I am encouraged slightly. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

There is a definate distinction between what we truly feel and what our role is when we turn up for a match.

I will support every move they make during a game and will never.... ever, ever boo them during a game.... but with my emotional head off

and my technical head on I think we will go down.

I have been here before and can draw on correlations of the past....if you can't defend, you have basically had it.

Don't personally give a damn what other teams or supporters have to say about us if we get relegated. Their views are unimportant, I only care about the Villa.

Since Christmas I've had the piss ripped out of me blind by a Manc, a redscouse and, worst of all, a nose. Even my sisters in-laws are heathens and they've grasped at every opportunity to take the rise.

But I could'nt care less, its just banter.........and its just our turn to take it.

And besides............WE AIN'T DOWN YET!

• Like 1

^^^And that would make it infinitely more depressing this time round compared with 1987 or 1967. Relegation is bad enough but now we have youtube, facebook and twitter as helpful ways to rub salt in the wounds

I said at the time that taking the piss out of the barcodes when we relegated them might come back to haunt us.

If we do go down then we will have to be as thick skinned as they were and not use any excuse to try and deflect the criticism.

What's killing us is all the other teams getting results as we struggle in every game to get anything.

I actually think the drop-line will be 38 or 39 points this year.

Winning on Sunday is a must just to keep our names in the hat over the next couple of weekends.

Struggle to get a point away to Everton.........lol, hard place to go despite the fact we messed up and lost a 2 goal advantage..........it was a good result on paper. Reckon we will beat West Ham, not sure we will stay up though. Every year 3 teams go down, Newcastle, qPR, Stoke bla bla  may well laugh loudest this year but next year, if they go down, who will laugh then?

Its a game, for someone to win someone has to lose, our time may well have come but this club will not die,it will carry on......we will be back

Think we will go down, though we might get the odd decent result between now and the end of the season.

The non existent Midfield and chronic inability to defend for 90 minutes will see to us.

Watched the Everton game at the Pub, and at 3-1 i knew we were not safe. It was reminiscent of Swansea

on New Years day, which i went to. The Goal difference and points total don't lie.

I remember the last time we went down and this has all the hallmarks of that campaign.

I wouldn't sack Lambert, but he will need to get us up and running in the Championship straight away

or he will be on his bike by October. Going down could be a massive culture shock.

Positives are that we do have some some building blocks, but the team needs a few leaders.

Will Lerner and Faulkner realise that. 

Realistically, this is a battle between 5 teams - us, Reading, Southampton, Wigan and QPR.

When you look at the 8 match form table, you can see how big a problem we have:

Reading - 14 points

Southampton - 9

QPR - 7

Wigan - 6

Villa - 3

Not only do we have to start picking up significantly more points - 8 from the next 8 looks to be an absolute minimum - but we have to hope our opponents start doing a lot worse than they have recently.

There is hope, but it is slim. Even that will go if we get beat this weekend.

Agree....Lose this weekend & that's us as good as done for.

Lambert calling for 6 wins? It's doable but we would have to break records to turn around the form of the last 12 months into a 6 wins from 13 game streak