Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Even if we beat West Ham with other results going our way, we will still be in the bottom three with two "write-off" games to follow. Unless the earth stops spinning, i dont see us getting out of this.

If we beat West Ham we'll be out if Wigan only draw and Reading lose

Does anyone think we should be playing bent & benteke?

I feel bent would be putting away some of the scrappy chances

What, like he did against Newcastle? And all those goals we couldn't score at Everton.

There is no place in our team for Bent. Benteke is twice the player and our midfield is too shit to accomodate two out and out strikers. That is where Agbolahor and Weimann come in. Although they aren't genuine wingers, you can operate them out there because of their work rate and qualities.

We look a far poorer team with Bent in it from my perspective this season. Our best football going forward has been played with him on the bench. 

• Like 1

having looked at all the teams from 10th to 20th, i think that in no particular order, west ham, norwich, southampton, villa, wigan, QPR, reading and Stoke will all be in amoungst it at some point toward the end of this season. None of those teams are any better than us on form. i think Sunderland, Fulham and Newcastle will be fine so i am not going to worry about there results because i am sure they'll all be ok, with either a great squad (newcastle) or great managers.

If i had to put a bet on it i would say that QPR, Reading and Wigan will go down, with Villa surviving above Southampton and Norwich. I am just ridiculously optimistic today and i hope that my prediction comes true, we can hit a good patch of form or our defenders can miraculously go "oh THATS what i'm supposed to be doing!" and then it will all be ok :)

Can anyone remember the last time we had back to back wins in the Premier League? I'm struggling to remember the last time it happened. This is something we need to do to build some confidence in the team, but we have been unable to achieve for what seems like years. It wouldn't suprise me if we had to go back as far as Houllier and McAllister's last few games for back to back wins, which is terrible.

We definately need to win those two games in March against QPR and Reading if we're to have a chance of staying up.

Can anyone remember the last time we had back to back wins in the Premier League? I'm struggling to remember the last time it happened. This is something we need to do to build some confidence in the team, but we have been unable to achieve for what seems like years. It wouldn't suprise me if we had to go back as far as Houllier and McAllister's last few games for back to back wins, which is terrible.

We definately need to win those two games in March against QPR and Reading if we're to have a chance of staying up.

Think it was Arsenal and Liverpool back in 10-11.

I'm reminded of the Star Trek Wrath of Khan scene with Spock in the radiation filled warp drive chamber.  Kirk tries to get him out and Scotty intervenes.

KIRK = "Villa,  VILLA!"

SCOT = "They're down already"

Cup matches aside, I'm actually struggling to remember when we last had a win. Let's not try to run before we can walk. A win against West Ham would not only give us a run of 4 points from 2 matches but also our first 3 points since mid-December, riches untold in our current state. If we could get 4 from Reading/QPR I would be equally happy.

having looked at all the teams from 10th to 20th, i think that in no particular order, west ham, norwich, southampton, villa, wigan, QPR, reading and Stoke will all be in amoungst it at some point toward the end of this season. None of those teams are any better than us on form. i think Sunderland, Fulham and Newcastle will be fine so i am not going to worry about there results because i am sure they'll all be ok, with either a great squad (newcastle) or great managers.

If i had to put a bet on it i would say that QPR, Reading and Wigan will go down, with Villa surviving above Southampton and Norwich. I am just ridiculously optimistic today and i hope that my prediction comes true, we can hit a good patch of form or our defenders can miraculously go "oh THATS what i'm supposed to be doing!" and then it will all be ok :)

Not sure how, but I ended up having us finishing in 15th when going through the BBC's predictor thingy. I pretty much just put us down for a loss against any team in the top 6 or 7, a draw if playing away against anybody else and a win at home against anybody say 8th and below. QPR, Wigan and Southampton to go down.

Words cannot express how big this weekend is.

Wigan should lose.

Reading should lose.

Soton should lose.

QPR shouldnt win.

We should win.

It is literally all over if we dont win though. If we assume we lose the next two afterwards then we could be as much as 7 points from safety when we travel to Reading. It's game over then.

We could lose this and beat Man City though. Very unlikely, but a lot of people are saying if we don't win this we are definitely down, then completely writing off the next 2 games.

If we don't get 3 points from the next 3 games we're probably down would be a more realistic statement.

We need 3 points against Wham, we can probably scrape something from City and maybe Arsenal with some luck. We just need to compound our wins when we have them in the pocket like against Everton. West Ham doesn't have Fellaini, Carrol would never score the goal that Fellaini scored in the box with his feet. 

I just hope we play well and win well on Sunday. The players need to believe in themselves and they need to know that they can win on a good day. To play well and let in a suckerpunch at the end losing 0-1 would be the final knife in the heart so to speak, because we deserved more than 1 points against Newcastle and Everton. I was pleased with the second half against Newcastle (when we were utterly wack in the first) and to lead 1-3 away to Everton is awesome no matter how we play. Even Man Utd and City could be dominated away to Everton and would always be happy just to win scrappy at Goodison Park.

West Ham are 2-2-8 away from home, in other words this is a game we really need to win if we want to stay in this division.

It's as simple as this play like we did against everton we will win and have slim hope of staying up

Play like we did against Newcastle in first half at home and draw or lose we have no hope of staying up. Anyone saying arsenal and city won't rip us to smithereens is dreaming

Reckon we could sneak a draw against Arsenal, I'd say a 20% chance, City on the other hand 5% at best of a draw.