Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I see what you're saying, but for me it wouldn't even raise my hopes of surviving. It would be just one result, one more highlight to a shite season. You always get the odd result or two, there will be another 14 games for plenty more disappointments!

You have to reach a turning point somewhere and for me it was the Millwall game.

I just can not see us staying up.

I think that if there was only 3 games to go ( against Wigan,Reading and Southampton ) and we needed 3 points we could not get them.

You have to reach a turning point somewhere and for me it was the Millwall game.

I just can not see us staying up.

I think that if there was only 3 games to go ( against Wigan,Reading and Southampton ) and we needed 3 points we could not get them.

even if we were safe with three games to go I still think we would contrive to go down!

Footbal is a funny thing and confidence can come back very quickly if we got a result against Newcastle. Thing is, as others have said without anybody coming in we're doomed to the drop. Even 1 (good) signing I think would give us a huge lift.

i like to thing theres a little chance of us still staying up, and im going to latch on to that for as long as i can.

with maybe a loan signing and a win against newcastle to give us some confidence back, that with combined with some luck and other teams doing worse could  see us through.

Is this poll still the same one from the start of the season or has it been reset to reflect what everyone thinks now?

as it stands now, you can change youre vote still though.

So do I but a win on Tuesday and you just never know....

Fail to win and I think that it is as good as over.

How long have we been saying that though, after Wigan, after Southampton?

Just need a little sign of something, a clean sheet or winning a game and surviving a 100 set pieces would do it.

I don't think our current players can save the club, even with a couple of cheap and cheerful token additions to the squad, which is the best we are being primed to expect.

However, there is still the chance that three other clubs will do worse than us. We have been watching Southampton, Reading and QPR improve their results and start to catch us up or overtake us but may not have noticed so much that a few clubs - West Ham, Fulham, Norwich, Stoke, Newcastle and Wigan - are having terrible runs and may well be at risk of getting sucked into the relegation battle and all the nervousness, negativity and loss of confidence that invades the squads of clubs in that position.

I think relegation will be decided quite late on this season and there may be a few more clubs involved than looked likely before Christmas.

Sign nobody and I can't see us staying up. QPR will undoubtedly strengthen in the coming days so their point defecit will close, and I can't see Southampton or Newcastle going down now.

I think it will be between Wigan, Villa, QPR and Reading for the 3 places. I would say QPR will have the best chance of getting out of it come 00:01am on Friday morning.

I don't have your confidence that Nouveaucastle will get out of it. I also don't think Norwich are out of it. They're actually worse than us at the moment and just last weekend lost to a non-league side at home. Something not even we can match this season.

I don't have your confidence that Nouveaucastle will get out of it. I also don't think Norwich are out of it. They're actually worse than us at the moment and just last weekend lost to a non-league side at home. Something not even we can match this season.

Only because we haven't played a non league side this season!

Just as well really as that could have been just as worse.

Bradford are a boot in the arse away from non league football so that's bad enough.