Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

If (more like when), we go down, I honestly believe we will struggle in The Championship.

We will be the biggest side since Leeds United to drop out the Premiership and just think of how 'up for it' the other teams will be when Villa roll into town. Couple this with the fact most our players are gutless and not good enough and the fact we don't have money to buy a 'new team' or sort this huge mess out and I'd say we are literally ****.

• Like 1

It will certainly be very depressing to witness players like Ebanks Blake or Kenny Miller being our biggest summer signing

so from today i'm gonna do my best to think of positive thoughts about the Championship and try to acclimatise my brain to the types of teams we will be playing and the state our squad will be in

hopefully so when the time comes I will be able to take it on the chin a bit better

If (more like when), we go down, I honestly believe we will struggle in The Championship.

We will be the biggest side since Leeds United to drop out the Premiership and just think of how 'up for it' the other teams will be when Villa roll into town. Couple this with the fact most our players are gutless and not good enough and the fact we don't have money to buy a 'new team' or sort this huge mess out and I'd say we are literally ****.

let's not forget, the few good players we do have will be bought by other clubs when we relegate

This season is so bad that even the fans are turning on each other. I heard there was a row going on between two fellas in the Holte yesterday during the game. After the game I saw the mates falling out because we had lost!

The club has got to address this situation this month or there's going to be some ugly scenes at Villa Park.

Can anyone see us surviving the drop now? I really can't. I just dont know how we can get out of this mess. Cant see Lerner now spending heavily in case we do not get out of it. Cant see Lambert turning this around with the current squad.

Probably couldn't pick a worse game to go into next week either. How they'd love to knock a few more nails onto the coffin.

Probably couldn't pick a better game to go into, form often goes out of the window in derby games.

They'll know their fans will be expecting them to beat us comfortably, especially as they're at home, so all the pressure will be on them.

Vlarr will be back in the team, which will mean our defence will be more organised. Personally I'm looking forward to the game.

heres a question ...if villa were to get relagated,would we be the biggest club in history of prem league to be relegated?

If you are talking about league positions, then Newcastle's relegation in 2010 was more noticeable, and Leeds's relegation was also pretty massive. But I think ours will be on par with both of those given the fact we've been an ever present in the league since its launch.

I think we'd struggle massively in the championship as every team would raise their game against us. Look at what has happened to Leeds.

Probably couldn't pick a better game to go into, form often goes out of the window in derby games.

They'll know their fans will be expecting them to beat us comfortably, especially as they're at home, so all the pressure will be on them.

Vlarr will be back in the team, which will mean our defence will be more organised. Personally I'm looking forward to the game.

Realy? I dread every game now, especially league games. It's the same shit every week. Unorganised, gutless and impotent. We always lose. The inept dour Scotsman will come out after the game with his usual "we go again" bullshit.

Realy? I dread every game now, especially league games. It's the same shit every week. Unorganised, gutless and impotent. We always lose. The inept dour Scotsman will come out after the game with his usual "we go again" bullshit.

Why is it bullshit? I don't see what's wrong with what he says in his post-match interviews, he takes the blame and gets on with it - rather that than the DOL whinging or the McLeish pathetic excuses.

• Like 1

Why is it bullshit? I don't see what's wrong with what he says in his post-match interviews, he takes the blame and gets on with it - rather that than the DOL whinging or the McLeish pathetic excuses.

Thing is though he seems to be increasingly blaming things on officials or injuries. While yes the referee cost us yesterday we're still not good enough and haven't been for a while. I guess this whole "we go again" thing is annoying me so much because whatever he's doing clearly isn't working and I'm tired of seeing us get humiliated week in week out.

Thing is though he seems to be increasingly blaming things on officials or injuries. While yes the referee cost us yesterday we're still not good enough and haven't been for a while. I guess this whole "we go again" thing is annoying me so much because whatever he's doing clearly isn't working and I'm tired of seeing us get humiliated week in week out.

So it wasn't a bad decision by the ref and injuries haven't affected us at all?

So it wasn't a bad decision by the ref and injuries haven't affected us at all?

Actually if you read my post you'll see that I specifically said "the referee cost us yesterday" and yeah we have been **** over by injuries (again) but Lambert still needs to sort it out because what's going on right now isn't acceptable even taking those things into account.

Just changed my vote from Unsure to Yes because I really think we are doomed now.

Of the 4 clubs in the main frame for relegation, QPR, Reading, Southampton and us, the first three are all showing signs that they will put up a fight. We seem to have no fight in us at all, so I can't see us getting out of this unless that changes drastically.

On the plus side, we might still win the League Cup and get into the Europa League...

Edited by briny_ear