Rino8

To be fair to liverpool, unlike spurs they already have a lot of quality, they need to add depth

Really? Who exactly? Gerrard is finished and Suarez is off. Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson, etc. can hardly be considered top class players.

To be fair to liverpool, unlike spurs they already have a lot of quality, they need to add depth

Really? Who exactly? Gerrard is finished and Suarez is off. Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson, etc. can hardly be considered top class players.

I don't know Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana are very good. Having said that you can't replace one of the best players in the world...

Edited by PaulC

£75m to Barca. Thats one hell of a forward line..... Messi, Neymar, Suarez. Barca going for the 00's Real Galactico approach.

It will be very interesting to see Messi and Suarez play together....Champions league winners I think!

£75m to Barca. Thats one hell of a forward line..... Messi, Neymar, Suarez. Barca going for the 00's Real Galactico approach.

They've had a strikeforce with as much star power as that themselves relatively recently.   The first Guardiola team in 2009 had a front three of Messi, Henry and Eto'o.   That season Messi scored 38, Eto'o got 36 and Henry got 28.   They won treble of league, cup and Champions League. 

• Like 1

Makes for an interesting comparison. I think Messi now is a tad better than messi then. 2009 Henry is better than neymar, though 2009 Henry wasn't the best Henry. Closer than I originally thought. I also think Suarez is better than 2009 Eto'o, but **** it, both are amazing

Makes for an interesting comparison. I think Messi now is a tad better than messi then. 2009 Henry is better than neymar, though 2009 Henry wasn't the best Henry. Closer than I originally thought. I also think Suarez is better than 2009 Eto'o, but **** it, both are amazing

Yeah. I think Barca are still reeling from the blow they received at the hands of Bayern in the Champions League semi last year. It's all well and good having Messi score 60-70 goals a season, he is certainly capable of that if the ball is passed to him every time Barca attack but the problem is they became so reliant on him that they looked very mediocre when he wasn't in the team. If he gets injured or has a bad game against a good team then Barca seem easier to shut down than other sides at that level. It's probably one of the reasons they won nothing this year either, Messi struggled with injury again.

Reverting to a three pronged attack could see them become a force again. I dare say they will be looking at 80+ goals from the front three if everything goes to plan.

A sensible read about Suarez from a Liverpool fan, for once.  Contains naughty words though -

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/07/luis-suarez-c/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=luis-suarez-c

Just sounds like a bitter fan to me.... Suarez gave Liverpool their best season for many years...

Anyway we'll see what Liverpool will do without Suarez next season...I bet Sturridge is half the player...

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Man U will all be stronger

Edited by PaulC

They've had a strikeforce with as much star power as that themselves relatively recently.   The first Guardiola team in 2009 had a front three of Messi, Henry and Eto'o.   That season Messi scored 38, Eto'o got 36 and Henry got 28.   They won treble of league, cup and Champions League. 

for "starpower" the 07/08 team had at time look better on paper of Henry, Ronaldinho and Eto'o who failed miserable that season mainly as Ronaldinho was gone

I still think their failure to sign a quality CM will come back to bite them in the ass

Gerrard looked like he had lost his legs during the world cup and will be another year older come next season

Henderson is average i guess they signed that Can bloke but i don't think he's ready to carry it just yet

Â