Rino8

We didn't park the bus and we got a result there.

we'd probably have won if we COULD park the bus.

I just hate this attitude that is around these days where people seem to think you should try to play nice football even if it means you would lose games that you'd otherwise win.

Its absolute nonsense.

It's typically just sour grapes from people wanted the other result.

I agree many people don't want Liverpool to win it and I don't want City. 

Yes ok but he complains when other teams like West Ham do it to them.

Yep that's annoying. But a totally different point to the one you were making. Edited by Stevo985

See Brent Rodgers is complaining because Chelsea didn't let them win.  Liverpool played tippy-tappy football and left themselves exposed to the counter-attack.

I'm no football manager but I could've told you that's how Chelsea would set up.  Sorry Brent lad, it's all well and good smashing teams like Norwich by playing like that but this isn't a school playground.  You've got to tailor yourself for each game.

He's also complained that Chelsea didn't use sporting tactics.  That's rich coming from a team who's had about 40 penalties and started the season with their star player suspended for biting an opponent.

No wonder nobody wants them to win the league.

I know you seem to hate Liverpool more than most on here but you must admit Rodgers has done a good job this season?

On the bus this morn, a lad I know came and sat near me (I wanted to listen to bloody music) kept chatting on about how they (Liverpool) will win the league... before adding "I just hope they beat Chelsea yesterday.."

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

See Brent Rodgers is complaining because Chelsea didn't let them win.  Liverpool played tippy-tappy football and left themselves exposed to the counter-attack.

I'm no football manager but I could've told you that's how Chelsea would set up.  Sorry Brent lad, it's all well and good smashing teams like Norwich by playing like that but this isn't a school playground.  You've got to tailor yourself for each game.

He's also complained that Chelsea didn't use sporting tactics.  That's rich coming from a team who's had about 40 penalties and started the season with their star player suspended for biting an opponent.

I know you seem to hate Liverpool more than most on here but you must admit Rodgers has done a good job this season?

Rodgers has been excellent.

And as much as I think he's a bit of a clown, I've always said he's a good manager. I didn't realise he was THIS good. But he's shown something this season.

BUT yesterday he played the wrong way. He left his team open to the counter which any body with any sense would have known that's how Chelsea would set up.

It's all well and good saying "we tried to play football and Chelsea didn't". But that's no excuse. What he's saying there is "we played into Chelsea's hands"

He's had an excellent season. But he's not perfect, and yesterday was a mistake. Had they been a bit more cautious they could easily have gotten a 0-0 yesterday and that would have been enough

Edited by Stevo985

I play football in the week and the place (in Birmingham :rolleyes: ) was packed with Liverpool shirts after they beat Citeh. I expect there'll be less 'scouse' pride this week.  :D  

They have actually had a very good season even if they don't win the league.

Yeah they have punched above their weight that's for sure, a lot of people were not even tipping them to make top 4. Having said that, I recon they will find it a lot tougher next season when they are playing midweek games as well. They have played a lot less games than their title rivals which has to make them appear better than they actually are. 

Rodgers spent over £100m on players in two years. They've punched above their weight in some respects but their attacking football is a joy to watch at times. However, they were always going to come undone against better defensive teams. If anything, I think they've cracked. It's typical Liverpool arrogance showing once again.

Totally agree with the two posts above. Edit from Stevo and NV

I would also add that there is a world of difference between what Chelsea did yesterday at Anfield and what West Ham did at Stamford Bridge.

I think there was very little difference between the two

Well this is their one chance as next season they will be no where near the title at this stage of the season. Both Man City and Chelsea will have improved even more and Liverpool will struggle with the extra games. Liverpool have a fantastic first 11 and good backup options. Next season Chelsea and Man City will have a fantastic squad with 2 very good players that can play in each position. Which is what is needed when it comes to European football. I can see Liverpool coming 4th next season. Which is still an achievement in itself, but I imagine the expectancy level of a lot of Liverpool fans has been raised by this seasons title push. 

Edited by PieFacE

It's just mind games, taking the pressure off his players by blaming others publicly. Fergie's done it, Mourinho's done it, every title-chasing manager has done it before.

Totally agree with the two posts above. Edit from Stevo and NV

I would also add that there is a world of difference between what Chelsea did yesterday at Anfield and what West Ham did at Stamford Bridge.

I think there was very little difference between the two

Then I'd suggest you are wrong.

Again Suarez struggles against a top side. Yes Chelsea were very defensive, but the likes of messi/ronaldo would still make more of an impact. Fantastic footballer yes, but falls short of the best in the world in my eyes

we'll see what he does in the champions league. That will be a good indication of what level he is at, plus the world cup.

Â