• El Ahmadi
    • N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Bent
    • Holman
    • Weimann (for Holman 61)
    • Gardner (for N'Zogbia 74)
    • Bannan (for Delph 77)

Am I the only one who finds Morpheus' anti-Mantis campaign tedious?

What did you do Mantis, ball his sister?

No campaign or slight intended. Just enjoy debating but if you find it boring you could follow coda.

So the general opinion from people who were at the game today is wrong then?
Where did I say that?

Come off it Mantis. You don't need to see another full season of our forward play to assertain that our forward line is simply not good enough. Rather fudge the debate again than actually admit when your wrong.
Here we go with the "I'm right you're wrong" thing again. I don't know why you can't have a discussion without calling people wrong.

In my opinion our forward line isn't what it could be. We definitely need reinforcements. That said, I don't think it's bottom 5 quality.

Which takes me back to putting words in one's mouth. If you view our previous debates, you more than anyone else on this site is guilty of replying to what suits your debate rather than what is actually said.
And yet that's exactly what you've just been doing. How ironic.

Started off very well. First 20 mins we controlled the game and were passing it around nicely. Then we were poor, very poor! I was standing there thinking I was having a bit of the old de ja vu because the performance reminded me of the bullshit we had to sit through last season. What the **** was that second half performance all about!?! Absolutely dreadful. Very questionable starting line up from Lambert. Baker at left back? Erm, yeah, if you say so, Paul.

The squad is not good enough at all. Mourinho or Guardiola wouldn't be able to do a lot with these players so I wouldn't expect Lambert to be able to either! I'm hearing Lerner was there to witness this? Surely he knows we aren't good enough!!! I am not asking for Man City mega millions but after recently gaining about 700 million I'm sure Randy could find 20-30 million to give Lambert a proper chance!

So the general opinion from people who were at the game today is wrong then?
Where did I say that?

Come off it Mantis. You don't need to see another full season of our forward play to assertain that our forward line is simply not good enough. Rather fudge the debate again than actually admit when your wrong.
Here we go with the "I'm right you're wrong" thing again. I don't know why you can't have a discussion without calling people wrong.

In my opinion our forward line isn't what it could be. We definitely need reinforcements. That said, I don't think it's bottom 5 quality.

Which takes me back to putting words in one's mouth. If you view our previous debates, you more than anyone else on this site is guilty of replying to what suits your debate rather than what is actually said.
And yet that's exactly what you've just been doing. How ironic.[/quote

So at least we agree then that our lack of goals last season wasn't due to Mcleish and for once I agree with you that we need our forward line improved upon for the very reason I've always stated.

Your ironic quote although misplaced does amuse me as its so hypocritical.

I know it's early days but that was the worst performance (not scoreline) on an opening day that I can recall since I begun watching in the mid 70's. Big statement I know but the team was so weak all over the pitch that it's difficult to see who or what was the real issue.

We were okay at the back but that may say more about how shit West Ham are than anything else.

Midfield we were a bad joke, not one of them was any good. KEA was utter rubbish and Delph seemed to want to copy him, sorry but if all you want to do is make a move forward and pass the ball square or back then they achieved what they set out to do. If the instruction was to keep the ball and play little through balls to move the opposition around well after it took WH 15-20mins to work out what our A plan was it failed.

Ireland wasn't interested, Holman looks like he can't kick a ball and the useless Nzobia is well useless.

Gardner must be a thick as his brother as it took him 10 mins when he came on to realise that it wasn't us wearing the C&B shirts, I swear the 1st 5 passes he made went straight to WH players and non of them were difficult or rushed passes.

There are more things about the players I could write but what's the point we can all see what is in front of us. PL also needs to look at our tempo as at no point of the game did we try to step it up, WH wont have an easier game all season.

It's only the 1st game but after the last 2 seasons, it's still the same shite minus the hoof ball.

Need a new Lb and fullbacks need to get forward more and provide width. KEA and Delph need to get involved in the attack a bit more rather than just recycling the ball. And we need a better Winger.

Lambert will fix us but it will take time and new players.

Links to Delph/KEA dominating the game in a Barcelona esque way?

Improve the service to Bent (could it get worse?) and we become an excellent team?

Sorry Richard - one of the most ridiculous reports Ive ever read.

The 66% possesion is a positive no doubt after last season - But it seems there were plenty of negatives.

Think theres no hiding from the fact we were clearly awful.

Toothless, uninspired, boring, mistakes all over the pitch....just total garbage from Villa, exactly the opposite from what I expected to see.

Never a sense of urgency from any of the players...not the mentality you would have predicted...A loss yesterday was not totally surprising- it was the opening game away at a newly promoted side...but Villa had no guts, no imagination, and shit execution.

Piss poor start, let's hope PL gets this sorted out quick, and hopefully Lerner will understand we need more signings.

I recorded it and watched the game just now: not nearly as bad as bad as what most people here are saying. We dominated possession, I don't remember any recent Villa sides attempting that. But the obvious thing was that Holman and N'Zog were poor and so there was no service to Bent = no goal threat at all.

I think we have discovered that two of Lambert's signings will take to the Premier League quite quickly - KEA and Vlaar - while the other two, Holman and Lowton, might take a little time to adjust.

First game of the season,it was hot and the lads are le3arning a new style of play.

All in all I was happy with what I saw ( bearing in mind the points above ) we will get better so I am looking to the future.I am sure that relegation will not be a worry this year. The only thing I dont understand is why N,Zogbia is still in the team ? he did sweet **** all last term and nothing has changed.We cant afford to carry any dead weight, he needs to shape up or ship out.

Â