Speculation: Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City)

bickster

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has admitted being an admirer of ... and Stoke forward Kenwyne Jones as he looks to further strengthen his squad.

But Lambert says it is a case of "wait and see" in terms of whether either will be heading to Villa Park.

Villa have been linked strongly with ... and Trinidad and Tobago forward Jones.

When asked if interested in the pair, Lambert said: "You are talking about two really good players, different types of players there.

"I think a club this size will always be linked with players of that ilk.

"I don't think you ever stop looking for players. You have always got to try and improve.

"Whether they come in or not, we will have to wait and see but any manager will tell you, you are always going to look for players."

clicky

Not overly excited by this link but if it meant Hutton would go the other way it'd be good business.

Used to rate Jones but since being at Stoke he hasn't lived upto his £8m transfer fee. With the way Stoke play, he should've been on fire!

I suppose it all depends on the fee too... wouldn't want Stoke to recoup too much of their initial transfer fee. Around £3-4m would be a reasonable price (or £2m with Hutton going the other way)

Another no from me, distinctly average and has a poor goal scoring record.

Plus I cannot see Stoke letting him go for peanuts which is all we seem to have.

Very hot and cold player. Was anonymous at VP last season although he does tend to score against us quite often from memory.

I would question how effective he would be in our team anyway as majority of his goals are headers from whipped in crosses and apart from Albrighton I don't know who else in our team really crosses so unless Lambert has a good wide man up his sleeve aswell, I don't see much logic to this.

Â