Speculation: Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City)

bickster

Hutton for jones would be a good deal for us imo

It would be but as Stoke have a work permit hearing this week for the right back they are trying to sign the idea of tem buying Hutton is extremely unlikely.

am sure Popov is a left back

Hutton for jones would be a good deal for us imo

It would be but as Stoke have a work permit hearing this week for the right back they are trying to sign the idea of tem buying Hutton is extremely unlikely.

am sure Popov is a left back

Just looked are you are indeed correct. Stoke fan I sit next to said he was a right back. I will have to slap him now and tell him they ARE going to be signing Hutton.

but Defoe cant play with Bent as are very similar

and Messi will never cut it at the top level because he is too small and lightweight.

Excpet that Messi has proven he can cut it at the top level with Barcalona and Bent and Defoe have proven they can't play together at Spurs...

and Messi will never cut it at the top level because he is too small and lightweight.

Excpet that Messi has proven he can cut it at the top level with Barcalona and Bent and Defoe have proven they can't play together at Spurs...

They only played together at Spurs for half a season, and Defoe scored 3 goals in 8 league games (and 1 in 2 cup games) :?. Hardly definitive proof. Also, the fact Bent has publicly stated his desire for JD to come to club suggests he disagrees that they can't play together.

They only played together at Spurs for half a season, and Defoe scored 3 goals in 8 league games (and 1 in 2 cup games) :?. Hardly definitive proof. Also, the fact Bent has publicly stated his desire for JD to come to club suggests he disagrees that they can't play together.

To be fair Bent didn't say he really wanted Defoe to come to Villa, just that he would welcome the competition and having someone of his quality would be good for the club.

Still doesn't mean they will compliment each other that well. Personally I think that they wouldn't work well in the same team because Bent is a poacher and Defoe looks to shoot at every opportunity.

We need someone that can hold the ball up and allow for our FB's and midfielders to support the attack.

We need someone who will score goals besides Bent - tick and someone better than anyone else we have at the club - tick.

I hate this notion that 2 similar players can't work, its not as if they're school children. Any 2 quality strikers should adapt and work as a pair.

I hate this notion that 2 similar players can't work, its not as if they're school children. Any 2 quality strikers should adapt and work as a pair.

well I have seen nothing from either in all their careers that they can adopt especially Defoe who career is living on hitting the ball as hard as he can and hope

well I have seen nothing from either in all their careers that they can adopt especially Defoe who career is living on hitting the ball as hard as he can and hope

This. I would have no problem with Bent playing alongside someone like Ba at Newcastle, who is also a decent goalscorer but offers a bit more teamwork wise. But the fact that Defoe just blasts the ball at goal, admittedly very well, and gets goals from that makes me think that he wouldn't really link up with Bent very well. We also couldn't afford to sign another striker and sit him on the bench in case Bent gets injured.

You're now jumping from one wildly inaccurate sweeping generalisation to another :lol:

"Defoe who career is living on hitting the ball as hard as he can and hope" <--- I did LOL

Defoe = top level international class striker, better than any our current options. Scores goals. Goal win games etc.

You're now jumping from one wildly inaccurate sweeping generalisation to another :lol:

"Defoe who career is living on hitting the ball as hard as he can and hope" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Defoe

Â