Speculation: Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City)

bickster

If we could get Albrighton firing in crosses to Jones, he could get a lot of goals. I think that is Lambert's plan. Then Bent could also be sniffing around the box for rebounds or some chances. Could work.

He really is not as bad as people make out. Is in and out the side a lot with stoke. I think he is a beast and under a manager like lambo he can get the best out of him. Also I think bent and jones could be lethal. The flick ons to bent would be deadly.

Didn't he score a wonder goal against united a few seasons ago? United couldn't handle him that day. He tore vidic apart and you don't see many pkayers do that.

Stoke are apparently still interested in Michael Owen but they have five strikers already so the media speculation is they will want to move one on to make space both literally and financially so I could see Jones becoming available and I could also see Lambert wanting a real presence up front. Add in the fact that he had played with Bent before I can see it happening.

Just to add a piece of pure speculation on my part Stoke also want a right back so I could see us offering up Hutton on the cheap to get his wages of our books and make the deal work for both sides.

As for Jones as a player I never been a huge fan but I have a sneaking suspicion he could do a job for us. What I am a fan of is a big physical presence up from a la John Carew to bully defenders.

The Bent/Jones combination looks decent enough....on paper. So does the Jones/Agbonlahor combo tbh. Big target man and a poacher who can feed off knock-downs and flick-ons? And throwing in Hutton as part of any proposed deal is always going to convince a lot of doubters....

......but Kenwyne Jones ffs!

I will respect whatever Lambert does because he knows better than me but surely we should be after better than Jones. I'm not expecting a really expensive or fancy foreign name just expect a little better than Jones but as I say whatever Lambert wants (if he does want him) is ok by me

Â