Speculation: Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City)

bickster

I'm hoping that Lambert will mould a modern football side that won't include a big target man. Maybe a loan deal just for this season for a bit of experience and variety whilst Lambert slowly changes things but I don't see a long-term benefit of signing him. I'd much, much rather have Defoe as he pretty much guarantees goals.

i think our last trinidadian striker was pretty useful, so happy to take a punt again... have always been a fan of KJ whenever i've seen him... big lad, can be a handful, younger than holt and cheaper than carroll... think he'd be a useful player to have in the squad, and will create havoc whenever he's on the pitch... i can see having a big beacon to aim for, with bent able to play off his knockdowns being very productive...

just because you can, doesn't mean you have to...

personally, i'd rather have the option if the style we are trying to play isn't working to be able to change it up... that utter lack of ability to play to another style is very frustrating...

that utter lack of ability to play to another style is very frustrating...

What are you talking about? We've played completely opposite styles in our past 2 Premier League matches! :lol:

Having someone who can hold the ball is vital. We suffered at the weekend because the midfield just didn't have time to catch up with play once the ball was forward. Bent and N'Zogbia would also both benefit as not being the only threats that the opposition need to think about marking.

so lazy to think just because we would have a tall striker it would be hoof ball. We have seen in the west ham game the way we are going to play and Lambert has told us he wants to pass it up the pitch. But don`t let that stop you.

I would love Jones here, i think he would be a big hit with us. Right now we have nobody who can score a header or attack a cross. Whether you like it or not that's an important thing to have.

that utter lack of ability to play to another style is very frustrating...

What are you talking about? We've played completely opposite styles in our past 2 Premier League matches! :lol:

not in the attacking third of the pitch we haven't...

If it were a straight swap for Hutton, i'd go for it. Would be a useful player alongside any of Bent, Weimman or Gabby.

Not saying he'd start every game but could be a good impact sub and useful where a physical presence is needed up top.

Plus, he's got to be better than Heskey!

Â