Electronic Cigarettes

AVFCDAN

I've just started using a nature vape pro and haven't thought about a cigarette in 4 weeks, downside is I'm addicted to Dr Stanley Clarks Snake oil ;)

What's the harm in a child seeing that?

Influencing the child to think it's ok to smoke ecigs.

Not if you educate them otherwise.

This.

Are they now calling for a ban on e-cigs in public places? and rightly so i think.

why?

what's the harm to anyone but the inhaler?

My 5 year old asked me why that man has a torch that lights up in his mouth. Should my 5 year old see that everywhere he goes? No he shouldn't, that's the harm.

Shall we ban beer as well in case they ask what the funny looking frothy liquid is?

• Like 2

The obvious solution to all problems is to keep all children in solitary confinement until they turn 21.

Alternatively we could all lock ourselves away.

Of course we'd have to ban films, because only an idiot would suggest that seeing people shoot each other dead with guns is less harmful to a child than seeing an adult inhale some vapour.

Are they now calling for a ban on e-cigs in public places? and rightly so i think.

why?

what's the harm to anyone but the inhaler?

What harm would a heroin user do to the person next to him if he started shooting up in the street? None at all. I'm not comparing them to heroin but the principal is the same.

My 5 year old asked me why that man has a torch that lights up in his mouth. Should my 5 year old see that everywhere he goes? No he shouldn't, that's the harm.

There speaketh villa talk's daily mail correspondent ...
  • Like 4

My parents educated me about the dangers of lots of things, I still went out and did most of them. You guys need to get off your high horses, I cam have my own opinion about wether I think my kid seeing people smoking ecigs is acceptable.

On the radio today the presenter had seen a group of 10/11 years olds openly smoking ecigs. Right or wrong?

You guys need to get off your high horses, I cam have my own opinion about wether I think my kid seeing people smoking ecigs is acceptable.

You are absolutely right that you can have your own views on this. I can have my own views on whether I give a shit about your child.

They're going to do things that put them in harm's way, such is life, you can't expect everyone else in the country to put your kid first, educate them and let them make their own mistakes.

• Like 1

You guys need to get off your high horses, I cam have my own opinion about wether I think my kid seeing people smoking ecigs is acceptable.

You are absolutely right that you can have your own views on this. I can have my own views on whether I give a shit about your child.

They're going to do things that put them in harm's way, such is life, you can't expect everyone else in the country to put your kid first, educate them and let them make their own mistakes.

Just like you can't expect everyone else to accommodate your habit.

Who are you, Stasi Germany?

How about we build a wall.

• Like 4

To the cost of smoking related diseases on the NHS you are correct, the tax far outweighs the cost, but on society in general then no, the cost to provide fire services, cleaning services and many other items, then not so much, could go either way.

You forget that someone who dies relatively young also won't be collecting a pension.

To the cost of smoking related diseases on the NHS you are correct, the tax far outweighs the cost, but on society in general then no, the cost to provide fire services, cleaning services and many other items, then not so much, could go either way.

You forget that someone who dies relatively young also won't be collecting a pension.
But they also might not have paid tax as they died young or purchased houses etc. I did my research on this earlier, I think the bad outweighs the good but it's not much.

Again plenty on here defending themselves smoking in public places. I don't care if it's e-cig or not, kill yourself at home.

Also another stat I picked up earlier is that 70% of people on benefits spend 15% of their money on cigarettes and that is just so wrong. So we now pay for them to kill themselves and the people around them as well as pay for the treatment afterwards.

Edited by andyjsg

Who are you, Stasi Germany?

How about we build a wall.

Overstatement of the year right there!

Nobody on here knows the vapour is completely safe. Why should non-users be forced to breath in the vapour as somebody blows it into your personal space inside Tesco's?

Good for you, but not the people around you who don't wish to partake. I'm actually ashamed that I smoked in public and made other people walk through my smoke or smell it. I think in town centres they might as well provide walls to urinate up along with the designated smoking areas as both are as disgusting as each other.

I take it you don't drive or use motor vehicles.

Far more hazardous to those around you than passive smoking.

• Like 1

I am also wildly skeptical of the first studies that have been done that prove the e-cig is harmless.  They always seem to be provided to use by the manufacturers of the devices, which is pretty much what happened with the old fashioned cigarettes (often sponsored by Dr's).  These are the same manufacturers that were happy to sell this product with a bubble gum flavour in amongst the sweets and chocolates.  There has been a cynical drive to get these undoubtedly addictive things into the hands of children and to re-normalise the idea of smoking in public places.  The tobacco industry has already been proven to be a deceptive, self serving, really scummy operator and to me this smells of a very underhand way of saving the industry following the hammering they have had through very sensible regulation.

I would absolutely ban them in public enclosed places, I would certainly ban flavors and advertising that is blatantly aimed at children and am happy enough with a restriction on purchasing them to be similar to that of existing tobacco products.

There's a huge difference between the tobacco industry and the e-cig industry.

The vast majority of e-cig vendors are simply distributors. They buy the stuff from China, add their own labels to the products and mix the chemicals to sell them to the public. They typically make money from the margins they make in buying the goods wholesale. They aren't represented by any trade federation nor are they likely to have the money to do so.

The pharmaceuticals see them as a huge threat. They have the financial clout to fund biased research, fund health organisations and lobby governments.

If nicotine is the problem then why aren't we seeing the same proposals for more traditional nicotine replacement products (like inhalers)? I think you'll find that the name on the label has more effect on regulations than any health concerns.

• Like 4

Also another stat I picked up earlier is that 70% of people on benefits spend 15% of their money on cigarettes

From where did you 'pick up' this 'stat'?

From one of the anti-smoking websites. I'm happy to try find it when I get back from holiday.

As I said people believe what they want to believe. They are so hell bent on being able to justify there own weak wills that there is no point in me arguing it. Also I'm on holiday now where I don't need to smoke and will embrace my rejuvenated health by riding up some mountains.

Speaking as a non smoker

Just bring back smoking in certain public places and be done with it

Pubs aren't for children so any " what about the children" arguments are negated ... Alcohol and cigarettes go hand in hand and pubs are better for them ...

E-cigs sounds a bit like alcohol free lager ... I.e there is no point to it

Â